Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trojan .40 Modify?

sandman_sy

So my Trojan .40 caliber is here. My 6 pcs Tripp 9 rounder mags. So i keep testing the gun on the range and i feel the trigger is a bit long for my fat short finger <_< So, that's one thing to change. The next is the trigger pull. a bit hard... adjusted it but still not what i like. a bit heavy for my taste. that's two. Front sight is iron sight... oh... i suck with it. Seem to look for the red dot(My only other gun is a fiber optic sight).

So 3 things to change...wait, theres the mag well issue too. too small, when i saw the SVI goin... damn!! holy black whole for magwells! But once i saw the Techwell with the alumna! oh yeah... my dream come true. Correct me if you guys see something goin really wrong here. or a future headache in my part.

Things to buy.

1.)New Frontsight... thinking Dawson fiber sight. the .110.

2.)Magwell... Techwell with the Alumnagrip(will this fit my trojan without gunsmithing??)

3.)Trigger... STI Short Curve Single Stack Trigger.

4.)ISMI Recoil Spring... How many lbs do you suggest? the factory spring is pretty darn hard to rack.

I set up a Delta Elite much like your Trojan but I used the SV magwell.

It has a Bomar rear so I used the Dawson front FO that is .100" wide by .180" tall with a 1mm FO.

I prefer the STI plastic medium curved trigger for both SS and widebody.

I run 14# ISMI recoil springs with their 17# mainspring. The gun has over 12,000 rounds and there is no battering of the slide and frame.

So my Trojan .40 caliber is here. My 6 pcs Tripp 9 rounder mags. So i keep testing the gun on the range and i feel the trigger is a bit long for my fat short finger <_< So, that's one thing to change. The next is the trigger pull. a bit hard... adjusted it but still not what i like. a bit heavy for my taste. that's two. Front sight is iron sight... oh... i suck with it. Seem to look for the red dot(My only other gun is a fiber optic sight).

So 3 things to change...wait, theres the mag well issue too. too small, when i saw the SVI goin... damn!! holy black whole for magwells! But once i saw the Techwell with the alumna! oh yeah... my dream come true. Correct me if you guys see something goin really wrong here. or a future headache in my part.

Things to buy.

1.)New Frontsight... thinking Dawson fiber sight. the .110.

2.)Magwell... Techwell with the Alumnagrip(will this fit my trojan without gunsmithing??)

3.)Trigger... STI Short Curve Single Stack Trigger.

4.)ISMI Recoil Spring... How many lbs do you suggest? the factory spring is pretty darn hard to rack.

I have a Trojan in .40 too.

1. I agree with your sight choice. Mine came with that sight as an option.

2. I installed a magwell that's the same one that's on the Sentinal and like it.

3. I don't have a problem but can see where people with shorter hands and fingers would have a problem.

4. I'm not going o comment because I'm not having any problems.

Good luck with yours and have fun.

I also own a Trojan 40

1. thats a good sight

2. i use smith & alexander on mine

3. I use short curved because i have a stubby short finger

4. i am also using 12.5 lb ismi

other add ons are

- extreme eng. innards

- ambi. safety

- extended mag release

- hard chrome finish after break in

i use mc cormick mags. They are super reliable.

finished 8 single stack classic matches at pasa park plus other matches without malfunction.

Have you considered putting an SVI trigger in it so you can change inserts until you find the one you like? It's a few bucks more, but if you're going to spend money on one part of the gun feeling right, that's a good one :)

Hi sandman!

Nice Trojan .40 you got there in Iligan!

I fitted an svi magwell and thin hogue traditional double diamond rubber grips on my Spartan .45. The hogue grips are available locally but the svi traditional magazine well has to be ordered on line. I can do reloads a lot quicker than before. So far, I'm happy with my set-up.

Do you have Single Stack Division in Iligan?

Extend my regards to foxxy.

Shooting in Bohol,

dagz

Heheheh, you know the feeling of getting a toy when it's christmas... its not christmas and i'm getting my toy "hooked" up!!! hehehehe. Chromed the magwell that came with the Trojan. Got a Ed Brown Extended Mag Release, Getting a custom front sight, saw i with my friend's unit...(Awesome), Getting a 14lbs recoil spring(do you think this is ok?) decided to stick with my magwell, getting a local grip, excellent hold, tried it on a friend's unit, ordered a STI short curve trigger!!! Gonna cost me bundle, but i decided to rock the single stack div all year long.

Yeah we have a single stack division here. still learning, still breaking in the gun(Had to have it rimmed and polish the ramp...having jams and all) I keep on drooling over the SVI, but hell, i just can't get over the price. I guess i have to practice a lot more.. heheheh. <_<

Mine has a Dawon .100 up front.

S&A magwell

G10 grips, i couldn't get used to the thin grips. New bushings installed.

Tripp mags

SV enos trigger insert (short)

14# recoil spring 17# mainspring

Hardchromed by Tripp.

This gun rocks.