Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Frame ?

Service Desk

I am going to get a new single stack built.... but would really prefer it to have a grip feel like my STI hi-cap frames.

The Colt and SA 1911's feel more rounded and not as square as the STI - but I like the squareness, it just seems to fit my hand best.

Do the new Caspian single stack frames feel like the older square front frames ?? I am open to any helpful suggestions.

Dosn't STI have a setup that uses their (fat) grip, with single-stack mags ? (That may not be Single Stack division legal?)

Correct you are (and I happen to have one for sale for $95 if anyone needs it - sorry about the forum transgression). Its a regular STI black gripframe that STI adds two spacers to and permanently pins them in place. Result is a SS frame that is the same dimensions as a normal STI gripframe.

That got me wondering if they were legal for the USPSA Single Stack division (provisional)...:

Oringinal rule

Frames shall be of steel or other metallic alloy, plastic frames are not allowed.

December update

19. Frames shall be metal.

That got me wondering if they were legal for the USPSA Single Stack division (provisional)...:

Oringinal rule

Frames shall be of steel or other metallic alloy, plastic frames are not allowed.

December update

19. Frames shall be metal.

Well... that begs the question, what is a frame? S_I makes a metal frame without a grip. Its still a frame and its all metal.

well the plastig grips are advetised as "frames" I think the rule was written specifically to exclude STI/SVI style guns. You might try a caspian widebody, or an Armscore or Para ordnance frame.

Dosn't STI have a setup that uses their (fat) grip, with single-stack mags ? (That may not be Single Stack division legal?)

Correct you are (and I happen to have one for sale for $95 if anyone needs it - sorry about the forum transgression). Its a regular STI black gripframe that STI adds two spacers to and permanently pins them in place. Result is a SS frame that is the same dimensions as a normal STI gripframe.

Hey Carlos - got any happy snaps of that grip frame ?? Does it come complete with the mag release and trigger ??