Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR-15Timney Trigger AR-15 Drop-In Drop-In

M ammo

Timney Trigger AR-15 Drop-In

I’m going to get a trigger for my AR.

I heard Timney just came out with one.

Depending on where you might buy one the price varies greatly$135.00 up to $200.00?

I like a JP, but with the time it takes to put in, I can make some judgment calls,

JP has a drop in, but it is pricy.

Chip Mc is up their too $$

Does anyone have one?

What do you think?

Jim M ammo

I've got one in a Cav-Arms lower. I love it. While most of the guys I know that run one are getting a 3-3 1/2lbs crisp pull on theirs, mine is 2lbs right on the money. I was worried that I had a defective one that was going to cause me problems, but 2k later it's doing fine.

Ed

Depending on where you might buy one the price varies greatly$135.00 up to $200.00?

I would love to know where you found these for $135?

Cheaper than dirt, says they are on back order, and they have a block you can put your e-mail address in to get the update when they get them.

Jim M ammo

Tried mine out for the first time at a 3-gun match this past weekend and it's going to take some getting used to! The reset travel is actually too short and too light for me to get fast double taps off conistently at 3lbs. I'm going to try increasing the pull weight to get some feeling back. If that doesn't work it'll have to go into another lower not intended for speed shooting.

Fastshooter

I had two I ordered from Brownell's 3 - 4 months ago. One of them was defective (hammer follow, which is a common problem with them) and I returned it. The other one works fine. I heard that Timney had so many complaints and returns they quit shipping them and are redesigning it. I haven't heard if they're selling them again.

What I've found for a very good 2 stage trigger (I didn't use to like 2 stages, but I'm warming up to them) is the Rock River Arms national match trigger. Inexpensive, compared to the other match triggers, and if you replace the springs with JP's light trigger and hammer springs, you have a very nice crisp let off at about 3 1/2 lb.

Timney redesigned the engagement for the disconnector awhile back. They also put in two new EDM machines just to cut AR hammers. They started shipping the new design in Mid-May. According to them, they got less than 30 triggers back that doubled due to the short disconnector engagement. There were probably 3-4 times that many of the early ones that were not installed correctly (they have instructions, but who reads those?) and had function issues as a result.

We have been selling the new ones for a month and a half, and I have a test subject with about 3k rounds through it. No negative feedback so far. It is by far the easiest to fit drop-in. They are coming out with a 4 lb version which will have a little more margin for error than the 3 lb model. An LE version that can't easily be tinkered with is coming too. Gotta keep the lawyers happy...

Order a JP and if it seems too time consuming (It can be depending on your rifle), send it to JP and have them do the install for relatively very few dollars. You will be happy. I should mention that I'm sponsered by JP, they sent me a free hat with my last upper.