Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sept 3- Gun in Alabama?

Huntsville area. So that would qualify as North Alabama. (closer to God's country Tennessee :D )

Hopalong

I'm in God's Country but not in the know. Where is the range exactly? Is there a street address that can be plugged in a map program to get you there. I saw the goggle map is it on *Ivey Road?

Is this a club with a website or a more private range?

Thanks,

Mike

You should be able to get directions through Google Maps. I'll check on it and also get the address.

This is Jeff's personal space. He's spent a lot of time putting it together over the years and it's set up better than many public ranges for this type of event. Who'd have thunk it from a guy like Cramblit, huh?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well great news, We have picked up Sabre Defence for a sponsor for our little match that seems to be growing steadily. We are going to have a Sabre Defence Ar-15 in the prize line up but not for the top shooter, just for the luckiest. Everyone that enters the match will have a ticket in the hat to win a brand new Sabre Defence AR, they assured me it would be a little on the trick side not just a standard M4, which is still great in my book. For those wishing to enhance there chances of winning additional tickets will be on sale for $5 each, and that money will go to richen the prize table. How's that grab ya? Come shoot a great $50 match and have a chance to win a new Sabre Defence rifle, some one is going home happy :cheers:

More details and deals to follow, rattlesnakes are bonus targets and may be worth 10 seconds off, shot one yesterday, been bushhogging and its real dry out

jc

Bonus targets, eh?

If I run up on another one like that big sumbitch from Tuesday, it may need to be ten seconds and some clean drawers. I'll risk it though for a chance at one of those Sabre Defence rifles. Those things are nice.

This will be a great match I can barely wait.

Mike

what about Water Moccasins????

i went tromping down my nearly dry creek Tuesday and counted no less than 20 in the few little water holes we have left (Have never seen it this dry -20 inches)

-5 seconds for each would be great!!!!!

:P

Hop

Planning a couple multi gun stages, rifle from in your face out to around 200 yds, still working on how many stages but between 6-8, planning a cash payback paying back far enough to allow not knowing who is getting all the money, we all know who first or second will be but who knows after that. if everyone that is sure they are coming could give me a clue I would have a better feel for how big I can make it and still get us done in one day. Started mowing and moving things in place already, danged hot out there, ;look forward to seeing you all

I'm trying to help Jeff out & make sure registration for the match is quick & painless. Please go to the following link & send some information if you plan to attend:

Pre-Register for the Match!

This will create an email message in whatever program your computer uses for internet mail. You may need to go to that program & hit the 'Send' button. It would sure help!

This will give Jeff an idea of how many are planning to attend. He can have the shooters registered in the scoring program & have scoresheets ready when you arrive. At the registration table, on the day of the match, just tell them your name, pay your money & collect your scoresheets. This pre-registration does not require you to send in any money. It does not represent a rock-solid commitment. If you are unable to attend after you pre-registered, send Jeff a PM on this forum (benelli2).

Thanks,

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Roving statistician

Edited by LChico

Thanks Linda, I owe you some chocolate the next time I see you.

I was working on range yesterday with my trustee sidekick Mike P riding shotgun for snakes (just kidding), bushhogged out for the longer rifle stage, looks like we will have flash targets out to about 225, smaller targets closer

I encourage folks to shot Tactical Optics as the cash payback will be based on numbers in a division and I have no clue as to how many in what division yet, but bring and shoot what you want it will be fun regardless and everyone registered will be in the hat for the Sabre Defence rifle drawing

Please go sign up in the registration tool Linda set up if you know you are coming so I can get a little ahead on that front, while I continue to battle the stage construction front

Look forward t seeing you all

adios

jeff

I am posting this AGAIN, because I still see shooters posting who have not signed in yet.

It really is fast & painless :) You send no money & you do not have to waste a stamp.

I'm trying to help Jeff out & make sure registration for the match is quick & painless. Please go to the following link & send some information if you plan to attend:

Pre-Register for the Match!

This will create an email message in whatever program your computer uses for internet mail. You may need to go to that program & hit the 'Send' button. It would sure help!

This will give Jeff an idea of how many are planning to attend. He can have the shooters registered in the scoring program & have scoresheets ready when you arrive. At the registration table, on the day of the match, just tell them your name, pay your money & collect your scoresheets. This pre-registration does not require you to send in any money. It does not represent a rock-solid commitment. If you are unable to attend after you pre-registered, send Jeff a PM on this forum (benelli2).

Thanks,

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Roving statistician

Well stages are going up faster than folks are signing up on Linda's weblink, got a couple finished up this weekend and hope to get the rest done this week with weather permitting, and my endurance holding up. shooting a rifle off of the top of a roof peak is really kind of a pain, and was darn hot when it was 94 degrees, good thing forecast has temps dropping, should be comfortable by match time. Stages are shaping up nicely and I confident everyone will have a great time, 4 of the 7 stages are just about done, now if I can just keep the grass mowed down I'll be in business.

You will be shooting of a roof; moving forward through a course; backing up through a course; out of a vehicle (parked this time); going through the woods; and a just a couple regular courses, ranges are point blank to 210yds, shotgun targets are plates and clays, and some of the plates are a little heavy so don't go too wimpy on your shotgun shell choices, longest pistol shot looks to be about 15 yds and slugs will be about 30 yards

I appreciate the help Mike P has given with the weed eating and brush control taking back the range from mother nature, couldn't have gotten this far by now without his help thanks

Ya'll get signed up on Linda's link so I can see how many we are dealing with, I may be able to make some round count adjustments (up) if I have a better idea of how many are coming. I have to make sure we can get it done so right now it is about 60 rounds per gun, though courses are designed so I can add a few more rounds pretty easy

adios

jc

Jeff ,

I tried to pre-register for your match but something called a "connection wizard" would not allow me to.

Linda ,

Please sign Tony Snyder , Brent Sansing and Lenard Rutledge up.

You can email me if needed at ipsc069@yahoo.com

Thanks

Edited by Para069

Jeff ,

I tried to pre-register for your match but something called a "connection wizard" would not allow me to.

Linda ,

Thanks

Hi Tony,

I got Lenard's sign in -- just not you or Brent. If it is the same email & phone number that you 3 put on the Ft Benning application, I'll send you confirmation notes tomorrow & add you to the list. Email me if something changed.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Jeff ,

Linda ,

Thanks

Hi Tony,

I got Lenard's sign in -- just not you or Brent. If it is the same email & phone number that you 3 put on the Ft Benning application, I'll send you confirmation notes tomorrow & add you to the list. Email me if something changed.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Hi Linda , Yes , just use the same info from the Ft. Benning match.

Thanks , Tony

Coming from the GA direction, there is a Motel 6 or Days Inn or something of the sort right there in Guntersville I've stayed at before. Right near the lake, but other than that, it would simply meet your bed, shower, and toilet requirement. Let's just say it wasn't the Ritz. <_<

Coming from the GA direction, there is a Motel 6 or Days Inn or something of the sort right there in Guntersville I've stayed at before. Right near the lake, but other than that, it would simply meet your bed, shower, and toilet requirement. Let's just say it wasn't the Ritz. <_<

Coming from the East, I would say the ones in Guntersville are your best bet, everything else is further in Huntsville, there is a couple small hotels on South Parkway in Huntsville or a whole bunch on University Drive, I will try to find a link for hte ones in Huntsville

Coming from the East, I would say the ones in Guntersville are your best bet, everything else is further in Huntsville, there is a couple small hotels on South Parkway in Huntsville or a whole bunch on University Drive, I will try to find a link for hte ones in Huntsville

There are rooms at the Raddison on Memorial Parkway for $89.00 per night.

Raddison Suite Hotel

6000 MEMORIAL PARKWAY SOUTH

HUNTSVILLE, AL 35802

(256) 882-9400

The Radisson Suite Hotel is an all suite property, handsomely appointed with lofty ceilings, French doors (separating bedroom from living room), tile bathrooms and Queen sleeper sofas in the living areas. Suites at the Radisson Suite Hotel feature such welcome amenities as Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access, telephones with dataports and voicemail, coffeemakers, hairdryers and irons/ironing boards. Be sure to ask about our Sleep Number® beds, exclusively at Radisson.

Jeff's range - Google Maps

Try this link to Google Maps. Right-click on the map and select "Directions to Here" from the menu. Enter your starting point and you should get good directions and estimated travel time.

3 days from Anchorage AK according to Google...

Someone told me they were having trouble with Google Maps and the instructions above.

The longitude/latitude per them is 34.492080, -86.483650. You may want to input this as a destination and query for directions.

John

Lil update, stages are up and looking good, we used quite a bit of steel in the shotgun stages instead of the growing norm of clay pigeons so you may want to bring some shot a little heavier than the 8, 9 shot norm folks are trending toward, it will take more than one pellet to do the deed here. Some of it is hinged at the bottom similiar to a plate rack and does require a hit centerline or above to take down well, but it all is dependent on what you are shooting as well. I'll be glad to calibrate them with a cylinder bore and buckshot if you have problems.

Minimum counts is about 70 rounds for each gun

We will have registration at the range starting about 7:30, shooter brief at 8:30 and begin shooting at 9 on the 30th

Some of the RO's will be shooting on the 29th, your welcome to come out and see and we should be able to accomidate some preregistration then to ease the flow the next morning

Lunch and drinks will be available at the range

I will try to post stage descriptions later this week or weekend, just for the heads up

later

jc

Jeff/Linda,

How many shooters you got pre-registered in the various divisions?

CHRIS

BRING YOUR OPEN GEAR ALSO JUST INCASE.WOOGIE AND I MAYBE THE ONLY OPEN SHOOTERS THERE.NEED PRACTICE FOR THE NATIONALS.RONNIE SHORES SAYS HE IS COMING??????.

R C