Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sept 3- Gun in Alabama?

Thinking of putting together a tactical style 3 gun for Sept 30 in Alabama, anyone interested in playing? Not a big match but perhaps 50 -60 shooters, pay back cash from entries, good warm up for Oct, Nov, Dec matches, One day format (long day) 6-8 stages about $50 entry. Thoughts? :cheers::cheers:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Chris, It'll be fun watching you FOO FOO gun shooters shoooting a gun that actually has RECOIL !!!! :surprise:

We might even talk ole CRAMBLITT into shooting real mans guns !!!!!! :surprise::surprise:

I'll be loading up some special 80 grn .308s just for you guys to feel what your .38stupids feel like ! :P:P:P

See You there.

Hop

Figured there may not be a FOO FOO class, so that leaves heavy metal as my only option. Bullet still comes out the muzzle on the real guns right?

Edited by cpty1

• 4 weeks later...
Jeff,

Any new info ???????

Hop

Just got back from CTI 3 gun in NC, had a great time seeing everyone and learning to shoot again

Plan is still to have match on Sept 30, seems word is spreading well and expect a good turn out, hadn't planned on doing pre registration but relooking that now as it seems it may grow bigger than the initial intent. Will get that info out if that takes further shape, 200 will be about the longest rifle shot in this match, trying to bring in some of the newer local folks and I don't want to scare them on this match, but shooting from vehicles (parked, this time) and roof top will make the challange interesting.

Look forward to seeing you

jc

• 3 weeks later...
Working on stages, I think we may test a few of the ideas I have in the shotgun area of Area 6 3 gun, and a couple things I've seen lately

Planning a couple multi gun stages, rifle from in your face out to around 200 yds, still working on how many stages but between 6-8, planning a cash payback paying back far enough to allow not knowing who is getting all the money, we all know who first or second will be but who knows after that. if everyone that is sure they are coming could give me a clue I would have a better feel for how big I can make it and still get us done in one day. Started mowing and moving things in place already, danged hot out there, ;ook forward to seeing you all

Registration will be at 8am, shooting by 9am on Sunday Sept 30th, scoring will be ft. benning/ dpms type, two in the target and its neutralized, steel falls or flashes to score. This match will be the following day after the rifle match in Birmingham so make a weekend of it and blast away

Registration will be at 8am, shooting by 9am on Sunday Sept 30th, scoring will be ft. benning/ dpms type, two in the target and its neutralized, steel falls or flashes to score. This match will be the following day after the rifle match in Birmingham so make a weekend of it and blast away

Jeff, thanks for scheduling your 3-gun match for Sunday so folks can shoot the Steel City Rifle Match and your 3-gun match. I'm looking forward to shooting both.

Congrats on your strong finish at the Carolina Tactical 3-gun.

David

Well great news, We have picked up Sabre Defence for a sponsor for our little match that seems to be growing steadily. We are going to have a Sabre Defence Ar-15 in the prize line up but not for the top shooter, just for the luckiest. Everyone that enters the match will have a ticket in the hat to win a brand new Sabre Defence AR, they assured me it would be a little on the trick side not just a standard M4, which is still great in my book. For those wishing to enhance there chances of winning additional tickets will be on sale for $5 each, and that money will go to richen the prize table. How's that grab ya? Come shoot a great $50 match and have a chance to win a new Sabre Defence rifle, some one is going home happy :cheers:

More details and deals to follow, rattlesnakes are bonus targets and may be worth 10 seconds off, shot one yesterday, been bushhogging and its real dry out

jc

Just south of Huntsville.

Google maps view

You can see the pond and the back bays in the photo. Nicest hotels will be in Huntsville on University drive, OK places to stay on the South Parkway in Huntsville. If you're shooting the Birmingham match Saturday, you might want to consider staying in Guntersville Saturday night.

From talking to Jeff this will be a nice challenging match and a good warm up for Area 6 and the Fort Benning match.

Hey, I might even win a rifle! :)

John

Edited by iainmcphersn

Huntsville area. So that would qualify as North Alabama. (closer to God's country Tennessee :D )

Hopalong

I think I'll be there as I live in God's country too. I had a good time shooting with you last month in Memphis Sam. :cheers:

Huntsville area. So that would qualify as North Alabama. (closer to God's country Tennessee :D )

Hopalong

I'm in God's Country but not in the know. Where is the range exactly? Is there a street address that can be plugged in a map program to get you there. I saw the goggle map is it on *Ivey Road?

Is this a club with a website or a more private range?

Thanks,

Mike