Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Postcard from Missoula

A 900 mile journey from Boulder through the wilderness of Wyoming... (my car radio could locate only a single radio station in that state). I stopped for the night just outside Yellowstone National park at a very expensive Comfort Inn. It was chilly in the morning, colder than I thought it would be at 8:30am until I realised that the last joker who stayed in my room had set the clock 2 hours fast...

Some minor roadworks just outside of Missoula but nothing that will get in the way with the drive to the range as it's on the opposite side. The river looks good but I can't see it from my hotel (Red Lion).. Not sure exactly where the match hotel is but it should only be 3/4 mile from here.

Some views of the river...

post-293-1182283301.jpg post-293-1182283315.jpg post-293-1182283326.jpg post-293-1182283335.jpg

Being from Mesa, Arizona I'm blown away by the streams and rivers here. This whole region must be fly fishing nirvana.

We'll be returning next summer.

Jim

Being from Mesa, Arizona I'm blown away by the streams and rivers here. This whole region must be fly fishing nirvana.

We'll be returning next summer.

Jim

More like fly-killing nirvana... There must be a thousand of the dead and decaying buggers all over my windshield.

It is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful here... I love it. I can't wait to see the range. We drove up to the front gate but that was as far as we could get. We are also staying at the Red Lion... very nice place and the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies were mmm-mmm-good!!!

:D

It is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful here... I love it. I can't wait to see the range.

You'll think you died and went to shooting heaven....you think I'm kidding? I'm not.

We are also staying at the Red Lion... very nice place and the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies were mmm-mmm-good!!!

:D

You got a cookie ? Why didn't I get a cookie ? Favoritism, that's what it is... Over a $100 a night and no cookie.... <_<

On the plus side the exercise room is not bad, needs a weight machine though. Heading over to Holiday Inn in a few minutes to register...Turn left out of the hotel and drive until you hit S. Pattee street and turn right and it's down the bottom of the hill on the left hand side.

Steve, you're right... the range is awesome!

You got a cookie ? Why didn't I get a cookie ? Favoritism, that's what it is... Over a $100 a night and no cookie.... <_<

Favoritism, ha ha ha! There was a plate of cookies to the right of the check-in counter... and our room was far less than $100/night through Hotwire.com. :lol:

Here's a couple pictures from the match. A bad picture of Stage 14 "Satchel Charge" but shows how beautiful the range is. Then Stage 12 "Crowded Corner" that requires some prone or otherwise contorted shooting. And then Stage 13 "Ticket to Ride" the horizontal PVC pipes are the turnstyles that activate swingers. So far its a great match in a beautiful place, unfortunately I took 8 procedurals on "Cake Bomb" as I can't rub my tummy and pat my head at the same time apparently :rolleyes:

post-1759-1182458933.jpg

post-1759-1182458952.jpg

post-1759-1182458960.jpg

Favoritism, ha ha ha! There was a plate of cookies to the right of the check-in counter... and our room was far less than $100/night through Hotwire.com. :lol:

There was a distinct lack of cookie-ridden plate when I booked in, perhaps I just got here too early. I am bummed that I got to pay more for my room than you did. But I am trying to be positive through this match, so on the positive side, had I eaten the aforementioned cookies I would have to spend more time in the gym to burn off the tubbiness that the cookies would have engendered... so there... :unsure: Instead I retain my girlish waist and I can save my energy for the match :lol:

I shoot in the afternoon on Friday and it's going to be toasty...