Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Iraqi Marksmanship Training

SinistralRifleman

You SUCK! :)

If you suck ... raise your hand! I see you :) You all SUCK!

Ahhh! Now I get the joke Chris.

Funny stuff man!

That being said, God bless those Iraqis that enlist in protecting their country, and the Americans that are training them.

Here is video proof of why members of our armed forces are too often such poor marksmen. This type of "instructor" is both belittling *and* ignorant (see video at 3:48). How could any student learn like this?

I'm sure this Marine questions the value of training folks who could well change sides and shoot Americans, is plain tired of dealing with Iraqis and would rather be just about anywhere else. However, at what point is personal frustration an excuse for unprofessional conduct (not to mention being stupid enough to video tape it and post it for the world to see)?

Here is video proof of why members of our armed forces are too often such poor marksmen. This type of "instructor" is both belittling *and* ignorant (see video at 3:48). How could any student learn like this?

I'm sure this Marine questions the value of training folks who could well change sides and shoot Americans, is plain tired of dealing with Iraqis and would rather be just about anywhere else. However, at what point is personal frustration an excuse for unprofessional conduct (not to mention being stupid enough to video tape it and post it for the world to see)?

The video has nothing to do with the marksmanship of US forces.

When you are being trained in a skill that if you screw it up it may kill you, being nice isn't an option. Being true is. If you suck, you suck. Fix your problem and suck less. If you're turned loose and you suck, you run a much higher risk of dying. That's reality.

When I received my first jump training it was at an old school DZ. In the area where the hanging harness training. where you practiced your emergency procedures, was a small plywood coffin shaped box, painted black, with a skull and crossbones inside. If you screwed up your emergency procedures the instructor would say, "OK. You're dead. Go stand in the death box." It gave you time to ponder on what you did wrong and the consequences of doing it wrong. The death box drove the point home. Too bad the sport got politically correct and did away with such practices. I know of one who would be alive today if she had a more 'forceful' training environment.

I've had other hardcore instructors in scuba diving and piloting. I thank them for being real and giving me the training to keep me alive.

And everyone is focusing on the the failures. Anybody notice at the 2:50 mark the pat on the back and the remark "Good job!" Probably made that guys day. Or the thumbs up and handshake at 2:58? Or again at 3:05? Honest, although sarcastic, instruction at 4:05?

WE may ultimately be training them to shoot US.

I give the soldier a FREE PASS on his senceitivity(I know my spelling SUCKS but my spell checker is at the groc. store) :blush:

If I were there (at the ANUS of the earth) I would not be up to parr either.. I saw a patriot in the hot sand serving the country he loves.

I ADORE all who serve!!!

Jim

Reminds me of basic training...

You have o give the guy some credit, have you ever tried to teach someone to shoot?

Have you ever tried to teach smeone to shoot when they dont knwo what your saying?

God bless the troops. :cheers: