Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Questions for Presidential Candidates

XRe

I'm told there's going to be a meeting on Thursday, 6/21, at the match hotel, starting at 7pm, where the candidates for President (of USPSA) will be available to make a short statement, and then answer questions. I'm planning on attending - I'm sure some others of us will be there, as well. For those who won't be at the match, are there any burning questions you'd like asked/answered?

Realize a couple of things - some of the candidates have made statements on the USPSA Forum already, and various things have been discussed in the latest issue of Front Sight. I'm not really interested in re-asking those questions - clarifications on those questions would be OK. I'm also not interested in starting a flame fest in the meeting, or anything, so lets keep this to non-snide, non-inflammatory questions only... ;)

I can't promise to ask all questions - or even any of them, depending on how the meeting goes... Also - there's apparently going to be a similar meeting at the Limited/Prod/Revo nats in Tulsa, so if you'll be attending that match, you can obviously ask questions there, too...

I'm told there's going to be a meeting on Thursday, 6/21, at the match hotel, starting at 7pm, where the candidates for President (of USPSA) will be available to make a short statement, and then answer questions. I'm planning on attending - I'm sure some others of us will be there, as well. For those who won't be at the match, are there any burning questions you'd like asked/answered?

Realize a couple of things - some of the candidates have made statements on the USPSA Forum already, and various things have been discussed in the latest issue of Front Sight. I'm not really interested in re-asking those questions - clarifications on those questions would be OK. I'm also not interested in starting a flame fest in the meeting, or anything, so lets keep this to non-snide, non-inflammatory questions only... ;)

I can't promise to ask all questions - or even any of them, depending on how the meeting goes... Also - there's apparently going to be a similar meeting at the Limited/Prod/Revo nats in Tulsa, so if you'll be attending that match, you can obviously ask questions there, too...

The meeting in Tulsa will only follow the Open Nats format if there's a need for a run-off between the top two vote getters. If that isn't necessary, it'll all be decided by then, and the meeting in Tulsa will be the regular members meeting that always occurs.....

There's been a lot of discussion here over the years about the classification system and how it works in relation to what's published by USPSA. Some mathematically-gifted folks have raised some very valid questions about how High Hit Factors are set, whether the 10 highest are ever actually averaged to obtain HHFs (as advertised), why some division have the exact same HHF on some classifiers and not on others, and just how often the HHFs are adjusted.

I would like for whoever is in office after this election cycle to fully draw back the curtain and demonstrate how it's actualy working today, and if not in sync with the published policies, show a plan to bring the system into compliance. And if it's a hardware problem, with the affordable technology available today, I would like to see USPSA make considerations toward modernizing the system. Would it then be too much to expect regular updates to the baseline HFs in the system (say, quarterly)?

Maybe I'm all wet and these things are being done today, but it sure doesn't look like it.