Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cameron Cup, 2007

GrantJ

Hi all

We are Running the Cameron Cup June 16. For the uninitiated, it is a fun match to honor our friend and shooting buddy John Cameron who past away a couple of years ago. For those who never got to meet him, he had a passion for Action pistol and Moved to the USA in 1998 with his lovely wife Lyn (AKA Mumsy) to follow the sport and compete in as many matches as he could. He is missed by all who new him.

The interesting thing about this match is that it will be run in the USA and in New Zealand at as close to the same time as is possible. Next year we plan to do the same thing, would your club be interested?

At stake, nothing more than international bragging rights. Is that fun or what. If you or your club is interested, you can contact me through this site and I will let you know the date for next year. The more clubs we get involved the more fun it will be. Think about it, an international match and you don't even have to leave home. What could be better with a match as great as action Pistol. If you are interested check out the following site, we will post the results as soon as we have them all.

http://gvshoot.com/x/modules/wiwimod/index...ge=CameronCup07

GrantJ

John Cameron was an exceptional individual. John was pleasant, full of knowledge and wisdom and a hard worker.

Kevin Angstadt has shot more NRA Action Pistol Matches than anyone as best I can determine. I am not sure, but I believe he is shooting over 20 matches a year. Kevin also puts on 4 -6 matches a year. Kevin works harder at Action Pistol than anyone I know. One does not WIN these matches, they earn the AWARD.

It is fitting that some one who puts so much into the sport as a promoter and as a shooter also deserves to win such an honor as the Cameron Cup. Kevin works hard at shooting well, as did John.

Congratulations to Kevin for "earning" the Cameron Cup. :cheers:

MJ

p.s. Congrats to Karl Piper for earning the Cup "overthere". I think John is pleased with both these performances. Great shooting Karl! I think you had some help from the bearded angel.

Edited by Allgoodhits

CONGRATULATIONS KEVIN ON YOUR WIN OVER THERE, I KNOW YOU PUT IN HEAPS OF TIME AND TRAVEL. WE HOPE TO HAVE MORE SHOOTERS OVER HERE SHOOTING THE CAMERON CUP NEXT YEAR, WITH LOTS OF LUCK I CAN SEE THIS MATCH CRACKING OVER THE HUNDRED MARK NEXT YEAR.WARREN AND TIFF ARE PUTTING THE SQEEZE ON ME NOW SO LOOKS LIKE THE PIPER CLAN WILL BE BACK AGAIN 2008 FOR THE CUP, ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO ALL WHO COMPETED AND RUN THE MATCHES FOR JOHN,

THE PIPER CLAN KARL ANNE WARREN AND MISS TIFF

Martin,

You make me blush. Coming from you those are some high compliments.

Karl,

Congradulations on a very good score. Where did you throw the 8? Weak hand? You must have been shooting at Hamilton. You said that you could shoot a good score there and you were right. One of these days maybe I'll get the chance to figure out how to do that in Hallsville. From the looks of your picture you all had some good weather to shoot in. I thought we were going to melt.

What happened to Richard? Must have been a gun malfunction. He probably didn't clean it since the Cup. That's what happened at the worlds but he caught it while practicing.

Maybe next year I'll get the chance to shoot at Hamilton and see what I can do. I'll look forward to it.

You all take care,

Kevin

The Cameron Cup was started and continues to be a low budget/award competition- John would have liked that. Thanks to the NRA, they will allow it to be a Regional event with their awards. Two free entries the the next Cup, several discounts and medallions. GV thanks them for this. As far as the "Cameron Cup" is concerned, a small committee decides who it goes to. John Cameron, as those who knew him, was truly devoted to teaching new shooters. He'd routinely stop training to help another shooter improve. In his memory and with the approval of his lovely wife Lyn GV will continue to award the Cup as it has been in the past.

NRA awards will differ from the Cup presentation. We just wanted to make this clear for those who didn't know how we did this. The Cameron Cup this year went to John Lindner, MK class.

We had 41 competitiors and NZ had 30. Check the combined resutls at www.greenvalleyclub.com

Dan

KEVIN IT WAS AT MY HOME CLUB IN AUCKLAND AND YES IT WAS SECOND SHOT WEAK HAND TIFF WON THE CUP ON HANDICAP SHE IS PRETTY HARD TO LIVE WITH AT THE MOMENT, BUT SHE WON FAIR AND SQUARE,WHAT HAVE I STARTED WITH HER.AND YES RICHARDS GUN JAMMED AND HE DIDNT CLEAN IT , YOU MUST BE A MIND READER,

KARL

Handicap? What are you all shooting? Socialized Action Pistol.

You created the monster now you are going to have to live with her. The rest of us are going to have to step it up a notch to stay ahead. :blink:

After next Sat. we get a six week breather. We hate shooting in the hot weather. The next regional is in PA the middle of August. It'll give me a chance to try some new things and get the bugs worked out.

Tell Richard I don't ever want to see him with a dirty gun again unless he just got done shooting it. These are finely tuned machines. It's bad enough that we have to control the brain farts.

Hello Tiff,

Congradulations on beating the old guy. Just remember you still need to respect your elders, especially when they are providing you with the gun and ammo!

Keep up the good shooting. We already know that we are in trouble because you have your Dad's genes and you are a girl.

Take care,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Im really looking forward to coming back and shooting the cup again, and seeing everybody.

Dads repairing and rebarreling my gun, and putting on a better scope.

I hope to get my gun back in time for the nationals coming up next month

Kevin,

Clean it, never. I only arrived home on Wednesday 13th, real late. Had to work Thursday to Saturday. Did not intend to shoot the match so threw everything at the safe.

Day of the match I got out of bed at 9.00am, made 200 rounds, pulled gun and crap out of safe, drove to club. Arrived 10.05, put gun back together (I remove the Aimpoint for air travel) and sighted in, sort of.

It all went great until the mover. The damn thing just started catching cases against the scope mount. Test fired the thing at work yesterday and it went fine. So who knows.

Well it is still in the safe awaiting further testing, maybe!!!

Richard,

Piss poor preparation is always followed by piss poor performance. Of course it will always come to haunt you during a big match. If it was just a regular match it probably would have run fine.

Keep the chin up, clean the thing and get out there to fix it. That's all you can do.

Tiff,

After you get the gun back you will no longer have any excuses. So get out there and practice, practice, practice. Just remember, Action Pistol is not just about the gun. Your mind can mess things up for you. I believe that smart practice is the way to go instead of just slinging bullets down range. Pay attention to what's going on in front of you. When you throw a bad shot think about why it happened and correct for it. This is simplifying things quite a bit but I'm sure that your Dad will concur and help you through it.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Im really looking forward to coming back and shooting the cup again, and seeing everybody.

Dads repairing and rebarreling my gun, and putting on a better scope.

I hope to get my gun back in time for the nationals coming up next month

Somebody better warn Vera and Julie!!! :D

Tiff,

FFl's daughter and Snubby's daughter will be in the cup next year. we are getting them set up as we speak. we will be there.

congrats to beating dad. my daughter beat me at trap when she was twelve and I have never lived that down

david

I believe paul "snubby" is trying to get them. I think he has already talked to your dad

if you pm me I will send you my kids email addresses

david