Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

11 day wait

A-shot

Man, I was going to get a gun today, at 5pm, I've done my ten day wait. I have an hour before closing time to get it, and the gun store is going to make me wait until tomorrow to get it. It's their policy, worse than the state of CA by a day. I wanted to shoot it today, I had all my stuff ready to go. This place makes me want to vomit. Repeatedly, like that stuff that makes you spew endlessly.

I bet there is a lawyer behind this trying to ensure his client does not run afoul of CA law. Or just incompetence and it takes them a day to find your gun and do their paperwork once you come in to pick it up.

Yeah, I'm amazed at this situation, it isn't a big deal, but it is a slight infringement. I feel much better now but I know they are wrong. They lost a good customer. Any norcal people who want to know which store can PM me. I am very unimpressed.

Man, I was going to get a gun today, at 5pm, I've done my ten day wait. I have an hour before closing time to get it, and the gun store is going to make me wait until tomorrow to get it. It's their policy, worse than the state of CA by a day. I wanted to shoot it today, I had all my stuff ready to go. This place makes me want to vomit. Repeatedly, like that stuff that makes you spew endlessly.

Sorry I laugh at your pain. The last handgun I bought sat at the local FFL dealer for about a month and a half while my local PD was performing yet another full background check on me. Around here we have to apply for individual permits for each handgun purchase. And depending on how friendly your local PD is it can take as long as they want. Technically the state law says that they have to process the application within 30 days. However when I mentioned that fact while submitting the application, they openly laughed at me. I always apply for more permits than I need. But they expire after a while.

By the time I got my hands on the gun I had the new belt/holster/magholders, reloading setup, primers, heads, brass, extra mags & magwell sitting at my house.