Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SSP Master

Duane Thomas

I was having trouble deciding whether to put this in the IDPA section or here, but finally Accomplishments! got the nod. Just made Master in SSP about two hours ago. My score was 97.67 seconds (Master is 98.82). Nothing like making it by the skin of your teeth. :lol:

Thanks! It took me awhile to get here. Of course now I have a problem: with SSP Master out of the way, should I now sock away the Glock and dedicate myself to making Master in CDP as well, or soldier on with the G34 as my '07 match/carry gun? Decisions, decisions....

Thanks! It took me awhile to get here. Of course now I have a problem: with SSP Master out of the way, should I now sock away the Glock and dedicate myself to making Master in CDP as well, or soldier on with the G34 as my '07 match/carry gun? Decisions, decisions....

Now that you have made it with the gamers Glock, get the 1911 on the road and make Master with it...Congratulations...and remember an inch is as good as a mile... :wacko::rolleyes::lol:

Now that you have made it with the gamers Glock, get the 1911 on the road and make Master with it...Congratulations...and remember an inch is as good as a mile... :wacko::rolleyes::lol:

+1 break that bad boy out and go for CDP Master. BTW - congrats on getting obtaining that level. My goal is to get there by the end of the year.

Congratulations, I am happy for you. You owe it to yourself to keep moving up in the other areas of the sport. Break out the 1911 .45 and the 1911 9 mm and see what you can do. It shouldn't be long before you make master in each division.

Good luck, Buddy

I made Master with everything but revolver when I was shooting IDPA...it helped that I had my own range to practice on, and it irked some of the other shooters that I never shot the classifer more than once with each divisional pistol when making Master in each division, but that was the fun of it.. :lol:

When I was shooting lots, did get down to about 80 sec with the CDP pistol and about 74 or so with the ESP gun (1911 in 9mm) but just scraped in there with the Glock when going for SSP, guess my dislike of the platform made it tough mentally for me to embrace the effort...

You can do it...keep going.. ;)

Wow. I'm amazed at the universality of opinion here. Makes me feel better about the fact that's the decision I reached myself, and I'm carrying my Wilson .45 under my vest even as I type this. :)

It's funny. Almost the first thing the SO said, after finding out I'd made it in SSP, was, "Okay, now you need to do it in CDP." I wonder why so many people have that reaction. Maybe because they know I shot CDP for so long?

Maybe because they know I shot CDP for so long?

Duane it may be that there are so many old hard core guys like myself who believe that there is no (real) division but CDP........ B):lol::D

The other divisions are to attract new shooters and the USPSA crossovers aren't they? :lol:

Or......go back to shooting USPSA matches again? I know for a while (a long while) you were shooting IPSC all the time....and then sorta stopped.

Or......go back to shooting USPSA matches again?

Why not both? :) That's the plan, actually. This year I want to get seriously back into it. Unless something unforeseen happens - like the gun blows up - I want to shoot this year in USPSA and IDPA with the ol' Wilson .45. I was a few percentage points away from getting my Master in USPSA Limited-10 when my Wilson gun went off to a pistolsmith (who shall remain nameless) for 31 months. Time now to pick up where I left off. I just hope I can remember how to fire the damn thing. :o

Duane it may be that there are so many old hard core guys like myself who believe that there is no (real) division but CDP........

That had occurred to me. Reminds me of back when I used to go to a lot of handgun training classes with a 1911 .45. During the class(es) it was not at all unusual for other attendees to tell me, "I'm really impressed you're doing this with a real gun." My reply: "Well, from what I see, everyone out here has a real gun." :lol:

Duane - I recently made Expert in SSR (by about the same margin), and then shot a major match and got creamed. :( Go for CDP anyway - anything that'll get you away from Glocks is good. :)

Duane - I recently made Expert in SSR (by about the same margin), and then shot a major match and got creamed.

Thanks for the message of hope. :lol:

Go for CDP anyway - anything that'll get you away from Glocks is good.

I'm on it. ;)

Or......go back to shooting USPSA matches again?

Why not both? :) That's the plan, actually.

thats what I meant...it just didn't come out right! :rolleyes: Nice job on making Master!