Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The TV shows of 1965:

Lost in Space 9/5 on CBS with New York-born actor Patrick McGoohan, 37, in a science-fiction series (to 3/6/68, 83 episodes);

Patrick McGoohan on Lost in Space? I don't think so. Guy Williams was the lead star in LIS. McGoohan did The Prisoner british mini-series which showed on CBS during one of the 65/66/67 summers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing... It's just that this is my post number 1965 and that was also the year when I was born. :) So I thought it deserved its own thread.

Since this is the "Questions that don't fit anywhere" forum, here it goes.

Where were you and what were you doing in 1965?

I was been born in Philadelphia while my dad was going to grad school at Temple. He finished his M.A. and right after graduation he took my lil' (then) Philadelphian a$$ back to The Pearl of the Caribbean. I was about one month old. Haven't been back to Philly since, except to the airport.

How 'bout you?

:D

Graduated HS in January....went to work for Gulf Oil and went to Univ Houston at night...bought my first new car, a 1964 Corvette, 327/300, 4 speed, marina blue with blue interior and white top...almost flunked out of college, dropped to 9 hours at night and was drafted the next yr...Listening to the Beach Boys, Motown, and the Beatles, some country like Geo. Jones, Marty Robbins...still wearing Levi's and Munsingwear pullovers but making the slow transition to slacks and "grown up clothes", learned that women can and will break your heart, learned that responsibility now occupies more of my time than partying, took my first vacation alone, drove across country, gas was 31 cents a gallon...learned to appreciate the wisdom of those not of my generation...bought my first shotgun, 20 ga 870 pump, voted for the first time...saw the Pacific Ocean for the first time as I drove up PCH1 North from LA....

I am now sitting here listening to a CD of classic Doo Wop songs that I listened to, danced to, made out to....remember Kennedy getting killed (I was a junior in HS and in History class), my first great car, getting drafted, Nam...learning, growing, messing up and trying to recover from the errors of my youth...Man I was SO fortunate to have grown up during those turbulent, wonderful times...I still have many of the friends I made in those days, some have passed, but others are still around....growing old has some benefits, but nothing could compare to reaching your majority during the '60's...those truly were the Best of Times...

Thanks Nemo for reminding me... ;)

Tightloop