Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Race Revo Gunsmiths-???

mikey357

I know you guys in the desert SW take your "Unlimited" or "Race" revo's seriously...after messin' with a PC 627 in .357 Mag for a coupla' years, I "Feel the Need for Speed"...I'd like to have a "Racier" revo built, with Comp, red-dot sights, the whole works...so, who do you guys use/recommend?...I know Charlie Prest has built some of this type of revo in the past, but cannot find any contact info...is he still building guns, and are they worth having???...How 'bout Don Golembieski at Kodiak Precision...any experience with his "Blasters"???...TIA....mikey357

(Edited by mikey357 at 1:32 pm on Feb. 7, 2003)

Mikey 357, why don't you use the factory barrel and have someone cut some hybrid ports in the barrel. As for a scope mount the PC 627 is already drilled and tapped for a mount (underneath the front site). All that is left is an action job. Should be ready to rock and roll in pretty short order.

Phil

http://www.pinnacle-guns.com

Mark Hartshorne is a top flight competitor and gunsmith, not to mention a really good person.

He put a custom bbl. and underlug on my 627PC, and it is one Pin shooting/steel shooting Mutha!  And it looks cool too!  He is meticulous on his detail, and works out of his basement full time so he is easy to get ahold of.  Tell him Doug Sent ya!

...thanks for the "Welcome"...AND the ideas...I'd kinda' like to leave the 627 PC that I already own near-stock...what I had in mind was either a 627 PC in .38 Super, built to the max, or starting with another N-frame model and getting to roughly the same place...with a BETTER Comp than S&W puts on the 627's...not that they are BAD, but I know better Comp's CAN be made...any ideas??? TIA....mikey357

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my 627 back from 2 gunsmiths.  Mark Hartshorne (Pinnacle Performance) did some porting and Jim Stroh did some accuracy work.  Both were excellent as to the work, but also in regard to time and communication.  They were both extremely professional in their dealings, and, Mark is an ICORE supporter.

(Edited by underlug at 3:57 pm on Mar. 12, 2003)