Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I wonder if ALL DIVISIONS will be treated EQUALLY in 2008? The 2007 match was awesome, but I was surprised to find that "Production" and "Limited 10" are treated very differently, when it comes to awards and cash prizes.

Regardless, I will be there. Again, it is an awesome match. Just curious if there be in any changes in 2008 (in the area of awards and cash prizes).

First, the application clearly stated that all divisions and all classes would be treated equally. Second, (if I remember correctly) Open and Limited received the normal treatment: 1st - 3rd (or more) for each division, in each class. Plus, special awards. In the other divisions it was only top 3 or top 5 overall ... period. (Again, this is based on memory, but pretty accurate). Third, the participation levels were very close. I can't remember the exact break down ... but there was a very large turn out for Production and Limited-10.

As I noted before, this is a super match. Everything about it is first class. But I would like to see the awards and prizes equal ... or, if it is going to continue to strongly favor Open and Limited ... I think the application should note the differences in awards and prizes.

Regardless, I will shoot it next year and I highly recommend it.

First, the application clearly stated that all divisions and all classes would be treated equally. Second, (if I remember correctly) Open and Limited received the normal treatment: 1st - 3rd (or more) for each division, in each class. Plus, special awards. In the other divisions it was only top 3 or top 5 overall ... period. (Again, this is based on memory, but pretty accurate). Third, the participation levels were very close. I can't remember the exact break down ... but there was a very large turn out for Production and Limited-10.

As I noted before, this is a super match. Everything about it is first class. But I would like to see the awards and prizes equal ... or, if it is going to continue to strongly favor Open and Limited ... I think the application should note the differences in awards and prizes.

Regardless, I will shoot it next year and I highly recommend it.

C'mon Crabby, fill those mags up and let's go dancin'. Starting with GA in a couple weeks. :lol:

T

Timmy ... I am ready to dance! (But I have to pick up my tutu from the dry cleaners). :unsure:

But then, us lowly "B" shooters can't dance like you "Masters!"

DK

Well, if you wear a tutu I'm sure frank will recognize whatever division your in!! And I'll be glad to pick it up for you and pay the bill just to see you shoot in it! :lol:

T

I think that IMA45DV8 hit it on the head...

Just for the sake of accuracy, the participation was as follows:

Open 108

Limited 107

Production 60

Limited-10 26

Revolver 6

SingleStack 4

The Application DOES NOT refer to payback or recognition. The advertisements and website usually use the following verbage:

"Based on the number of Competitors there will also be a cash pay back in classes for Open, Limited and Production shooters."

All categories will also be recognized based on participation. They will not be giving out awards 3 deep in each class for Single Stack when there were 4 total shooters in the division. This is simply common sense and not intended as a slam against any person or division. If 50+ Revolver shooters show up to the match, Revolver would likely be recognized similarly to Open, Limited & Prodiction in the future. There is no descrimination against divisions, it is merely a function of the participation within each division.

Edited by L9X25

Crabby,

The application for the 2008 match is the same as it has been for the past several years, with no mention of awards. The only changes to the application are the dates for the match, the fact that the match will be switching to a half day schedule, and that Production is being recognized similarly to Open and Limited. Nothing else has changed, I promise you, you may be thinking of another match.

It really does not matter, but for the record ... the application said: "Awards for GM-D in all Divisions."

Well, you are right, it says "TROPHIES" ... not "AWARDS." (I pulled out my original application from "FRONT SIGHT," Nov/Dec 06)

Exact Quote from Application: "TROPHIES TO MATCH WINNER AND 1st THRU 3rd PLACE IN GM-D (LIMITED, OPEN, HIGH LADY, LAW, SENIOR, JUNIOR, REVOLVER, MILITARY, INTERNATIONAL, SUPER SENIOR, PRODUCTION, L-10, SS)."

I interpret this as clearly saying that all divisions will receive "TROPHIES" ... "1st THRU 3rd PLACE IN GM-D." There was nothing to indicate otherwise.

But once again, it is an awesome match. I did not mean to make an issue of this. And I am glad that "Production" will now be recognized in a manner similar to "Open" & "Limited."

My fault ... I based my comments on the application that is on the website. I did not consider that there were other versions of the application used in advertisments or as hand-outs.

I have no control over what is done beyond forwarding questions and comments to Frank for his consideration. I know that he wants to make this the best match that he can within his parameters. It is frustrating that some changes, to satisfy a group of people, only lead to discontentment of another group of people that either liked it better the old way, or want their "group" to reap the benefits too.

Now that Production has been recognized as a "mainstream" division, I am hearing more questions on why Lim-10 and SS have not been recognized also. Most understand that this is based solely on the level of participation.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Leo

Leo,

I think that I understand (in a small way) some of the complicated issues involved.

The bottom line is that the Florida Open is a "premier" match ... first class in every way.

David