Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tasco Optima

Chris

Whats the deal with Tasco Optima's and Firepoint?  Are they still in business or what?

Tasco says they will warrenty it, but most likely they are going to send me a PDP-something instead.  Thats great, but I don't want a PDP for my JP shotgun, complete with the Optima barrel mount.  I'm leary about buying another one and getting a DOA again.

Has anybody had good luck with the Doctors?  I'm thinking I can make a barrel mount for a Doctor to replace the Tasco.

I put a Docter on my new open gun and no problems. It only has about 1000 rounds so far. Another guy has been running one for about 2 years with no problems. I think the Docter is a much better built unit. Metal and glass as opposed to plastic and plastic.

EGW is making mounts for the Docter.

JP is selling a "new improved" optima called the Jpoint. It is about 230.00. EGW had one in. I couldn't see anything different from the original optima.

There are a few slide mounted Doctors still working over here, (they were all the rage for a while, but most have been replaced with CMores) so I expect they would handle shotgun stresses without too much trouble.

P.D.

Sorry, no link.  I was stating what I heard from the J-P people at the Factory Gun Nationals.   It is likely new enough that it is not yet on the website.  Best would be to call them and get the straight info.

Guy