Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight Zero

Yesterday at the range i had to test fire some guns i did some work on. Most of my shooting was at 7-15yards to check sight alignment and accuracy. The next match we are shooting has a 45yard classifier stage on it, so i thought i would double check the zero of my open gun. Im so glad i did. I had the target at 25yards and i was shooting from a rest. I carefully aimed the 6MOA dot at the target and squeezed of 5 rounds. I then went down range to look at my groups, only to find there were no shots on the target whatsoever. :blink: I went back to the bench and fired 5 more rounds, but i held the dot at the very bottom of the target. When i went back down range i was shooting about 13" high and 4" to the right. :wacko: I cant tell you the last time i checked my zero, but its been years. Im just wondering how long its been this far off. I am really glad i checked b4 i shot anymore matches.

I zero my 38 sup in at 25 yards on a 6" steel plate. If I am able to hit that, I should be good for anything that we use in IPSC. I do shoot Bianchi, and the plate rack is good practice.

Gene

Me too on the sight check before every major match.

I don't shoot open so no dot info. ;)

On my iron sighted guns, I aim center of the "head" and look for all A shots at 18 yds.

Good for all distances this way, (center mass of target).

Hopalong

• 2 weeks later...

What is a good distance for zeroing a 45 acp for L10? I have a steel match in a couple weeks and need to zero my gun just dont know what yard to zero at for best results.

15yds?

25yds?

50yds?

Thanks

BK

What is a good distance for zeroing a 45 acp for L10? I have a steel match in a couple weeks and need to zero my gun just dont know what yard to zero at for best results.

15yds?

25yds?

50yds?

Thanks

BK

i'd go for the 25 yard setting.

lynn

• 2 weeks later...