Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Bullets

xdrocker

Precision bullets advertise that you can push those black bullets at 2000fps with no leading of the barrel. So, if the barrel won't lead up am I correct that in assuming that a comp wouldn't either? I know, "Don't skimp in open" but you never know until you try or ask. Just throwing some ideas out there.

• 3 weeks later...

They don't "lead" the comp, but they do leave some kind of hard residue that doesn't come out without a little work.

I had ordered a few thousand in .45 & 9mm. The rest are only for non-comped guns.

I ran the PBs in my OPEN gun before I put a titanium comp on it. They were fine with a carbon steel comp but a no-no with the titanium so I was told.

The load was pretty soft but smokey. The shooter rarely saw the smoke which went upwards...fast.

If I was to do it again I would make a 147 load @ 1160 fps to avoid problems with the deposits of whatever was being left behind. Running a 125 PB at over 1350 doesn't sound like a good idea....

I have no problems with the precision 125 gr .356. My load is 38 super comp w/vita n105 [10.9grs], new starline brass, and wsr primers. my gun sports a schueman 3 port hybricomp w/ a 8 port comp. It runs over the old 175 power factor, but it is very sharp [if you like that feel] and very flat. I have logged 40,000 plus rounds. I find only a little leading in the comp. Every 3 or 4 thousand rounds I dremell the ports. The barrel does not lead at all, ever. I will put up with a little smoke over the lessend barrel life of the jacketed bullets. This last year the bullets were changed from a poured design to a extruded process [punched from a solid lead bar stock] I belive a higher burn rate was achevied. I do not even sell them, just buy them like everyone else. I hope this helps people take another look at a fine bullet.