Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not Getting Fired

Brazos SC Shooter

I am such a paranoid dope. :P

This week I had reason to believe that I might get let go and that it had something to do with my NY incident. My boss was notified of the NY "situation" via our corporate travel department. He was seemed fine after an explanation of the circumstances. There were others who weren't quite so understanding. When I asked him earlier in the week how his conversation with said folks went he said, "It is likely a dead issue."

Anyway, he was coming in from out of town and I had a 1-on-1 scheduled for 1:30pm this afternoon. He never comes in for 1 day only and most certainly never on a Friday. Last night he asked if I would meet him for breakfast at 7am.

I thought maybe he was going to do it off site and while we met someone was going to pack my stuff. I ran late so that I could swing by my office to see if there was anything going on I needed to be aware of. :ph34r:

There wasn't. We had breakfast, talked about my projects and nothing out of the ordinary even came up.

I wonder if I will continue to look over my shoulder or if I can let it go as well.

I got laid off from Nike back in '98. Best damn thing that ever happened to me :) I took big fat severence check and went sailing for six months straight, chased wild women, and fell into a new line of work that eventually led to my being self-employed. And I still haven't had to buy a pair of Nikes yet B)

I always dread Fridays around my office. Seems to be the most popular day for 'lay-offs'. We had a quarterly 'mandatory' company meeting yesterday, that made me a little worried today. :unsure:

Solved that problem by ......... NOT GOING IN TODAY! B)

They can't fire you if they can't find you ! :lol::ph34r::lol:

Rumors of big layoffs where I work... waiting for the sky to fall :(

That is never fun. I have been through a round of that about 8 years ago.

I wish they'd do one in my office. I can retire anytime. With a layoff, comes severance pay. Please, oh please brer bear, don't throw me in that briar patch.

Lee

I always dread Fridays around my office. Seems to be the most popular day for 'lay-offs'. We had a quarterly 'mandatory' company meeting yesterday, that made me a little worried today. :unsure:

Solved that problem by ......... NOT GOING IN TODAY! B)

They can't fire you if they can't find you ! :lol::ph34r::lol:

I definately had that thought too. I almost told them I got a hold of a bad snow pea in my Chinese food.

TX

Glad you made it!! :D

I know the feeling, in my line of work, the end of the year sux. You see, I am a freelancer, and the next years work is booked in November each year. It is a VERY tense time. :(

I am such a paranoid dope. :P

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean someone is NOT out to get you! :lol:

I was fired once and vowed to never get in that position again.

Keep looking for opportunities even if you have a great job.

All employment applications now ask if you have ever been fired from a previous job.

The best answer is NO! :lol::lol::lol:

FM