Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your Friends At Stopthenra.com

Merlin Orr

"This is a college Columbine."

-Virginia Tech Student, Fox Television News, April 16, 2007

Dear Merlin,

Yesterday, we witnessed America's worst mass shooting on the campus of Virginia Tech. Thirty-three students and faculty were killed, including the gunman. At least fifteen more were wounded.

How many deaths and injuries must we endure before our nation's elected officials act to end gun violence? We must ask our leaders: "What are you going to do about it?" What are you going to do to make our schools, workplaces, and communities safe from gun violence?

President George W. Bush said yesterday that schools should be a place of "safety and sanctuary for every student," but he and other national leaders do nothing to ensure that safety. They provide condolences, and then do nothing to stop future tragedies.

Eight years ago this week, we watched in horror as students at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado fled a mass shooting. Twelve students and one teacher were killed. Just seven months ago, five girls were gunned down in a school in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

These aren’t isolated incidents. February 12, 2007, Salt Lake City: A teen opens fire in a mall killing five and wounding four. On the same day in Philadelphia: Three men fatally shot and a fourth wounded at a board meeting. January 11, 2007, Indianapolis: A man shoots four fellow employees. The list goes on and on.

There are common threads in all of these tragedies — it is much too easy for the wrong people to get high-powered, deadly weapons and our leaders fail to do anything about the problem.

It is urgent that you email or call your elected officials today.

They must hear that you want action to keep guns out of the wrong hands.

Please make as many of these phone calls as you can:

President George W. Bush 202-456-1414

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi 202-225-0100

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid 202-224-5556

The message for all three calls is simple:

It is much too easy for the wrong people to get deadly weapons in this country. It is time for you to take steps to end gun violence to prevent tragedies like the one at Virginia Tech.

If you can't make the calls, you can click here to send an email, which will go to the President, the Speaker, the Majority Leader, as well as your U.S. Senators and Representative. One click will email all six of them.

The Brady Campaign is working nonstop to get the message out that there are solutions to gun violence. We can ban military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips that make it so easy to kill quickly . . . we can require Brady background checks for all gun sales, including at gun shows . . . we can stop large-volume gun sales that supply illegal gun traffickers. These are just some of the steps we can take to make it harder for the wrong people to get guns.

We are building a crescendo of public outcry to ensure that action is taken. We are aggressively rallying support among allies for our solutions. And we need your continued support to make it happen. Please make a contribution now to keep the momentum going. When you do, a generous donor will match your gift.

Gun violence is a solvable problem. We know it won’t be easy. But we can make it harder for the wrong people to get their hands on guns through strong gun laws.

It is time for our nation’s leaders have courage to say "no" to the gun lobby's mantra of any gun, anywhere, at anytime for anyone, while wrapping it in distortions about "freedom" and "liberty."

Americans have the right to live free from the constant fear of gun violence. Please take a moment to forward this email to friends and families.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at StoptheNRA.com

Edited to correct errors in the original message:

"This is a college Columbine."

-Virginia Tech Student, Fox Television News, April 16, 2007

Dear Merlin,

Yesterday, we witnessed America's worst mass shooting on the campus of Virginia Tech. Thirty-three students and faculty were killed, including the gunman. At least fifteen more were wounded.

How many deaths and injuries must we endure before our nation's elected officials citizens arm themselves to end gun violence to deter criminal nutcases? We must ask our leaders the liberal left: "What are you going to do about it?" What are you going to do to make our schools, workplaces, and communities safe from gun violence? "why prevent law abiding citizens from acting as an active deterrent to violent criminals?"

President George W. Bush said yesterday that schools should be a place of "safety and sanctuary for every student," but he and other national leaders do nothing to ensure that safety have been thwarted at every turn by the liberal left and their media henchmen. They provide condolences, and then do nothing to stop future tragedies kowtow to the loudmouthed liberal minority.

Eight years ago this week, we watched in horror as students at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado fled a mass shooting. Twelve students and one teacher were killed. Just seven months ago, five girls were gunned down in a school in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

These aren’t isolated incidents. February 12, 2007, Salt Lake City: A teen opens fire in a mall killing five and wounding four. On the same day in Philadelphia: Three men fatally shot and a fourth wounded at a board meeting. January 11, 2007, Indianapolis: A man shoots four fellow employees. The list goes on and on.

There are common threads in all of these tragedies — it is much too easy for the wrong people to get high-powered, deadly weapons and our leaders fail to do anything about the problem the legal and media environments make it difficult or impossible for law-abiding citizens to arm themselves, eroding the possibility of a de-facto deterrent to the law-breaking crazies who ignore gun-control laws at will.

It is urgent that you email or call your elected officials today.

They must hear that you want action to keep guns out of the wrong hands facilitate the armament of decent, law abiding citizens.

Please make as many of these phone calls as you can:

President George W. Bush 202-456-1414

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi 202-225-0100

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid 202-224-5556

The message for all three calls is simple:

It is much too easy for the wrong people to get deadly weapons to prey upon decent folks who've had their 2nd Amendment rights infringed upon in this country. It is time for you to take steps to end gun violence civilian disarmament to prevent tragedies like the one at Virginia Tech.

If you can't make the calls, you can click here to send an email, which will go to the President, the Speaker, the Majority Leader, as well as your U.S. Senators and Representative. One click will email all six of them donate your time, money and effort to right-thinking organizations like the NRA.

The Brady Campaign is working nonstop to get the message out that there are solutions to gun violence mislead the sheep-like masses and continue eroding our rights. We can ban military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips that make it so easy to kill quickly and it will still not prevent violent criminals from getting them . . . we can require Brady background checks for all gun sales, including at gun shows but that will waste tax money without preventing crime. . . we can stop large-volume gun sales but that will make no difference to that supply illegal gun traffickers. These are just some of the steps we can take the Brady Campaign to make it harder for the wrong people to get guns will use to waste tax dollars, facilitate the erosion of our rights, and make it easier for criminals to prey upon good people.

We are building a crescendo of public outcry to ensure that action is taken. We are aggressively rallying support among allies for our solutions. And we need your continued support to make it happen. Please make a contribution to the NRA now to keep the momentum going. When you do, a generous donor will match your gift.

Gun violence Ignorance of our constitutional rights is a solvable problem. We know it won’t be easy. But we can make it harder easier for the wrong people to get their hands on guns through strong gun laws law abiding citizens to obtain and carry firearms for legitimate self defense.

It is time for our nation’s leaders have courage to say "no" to the gun lobby's Brady Campaign's mantra of any gun, anywhere, at anytime for anyone "more restrictive gun laws will make stop crime", while wrapping it in distortions about "freedom" and "liberty." "safety and security."

Americans have the right to live free from the constant fear of gun criminal violence. Please take a moment to forward this email to friends and families.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at StoptheNRA.com NRA.org

What I find sad is that these piss poor excusees for people didnt even bother to let the dead be burried before they started there political agenda crap.

There must be a special place in Hell for them.

Edited by hitman

I got that e-mail too. They got my e-mail because I wnanted to fill out one of their surveys. They must assume that everyone that fills out their survey agrees with them. Something tells me that this would lead to skewed results.

A little something from the VA Gov: "People who want to take this within 24 hours of the event and make it their political hobby horse to ride, I've got nothing but loathing for them."

I do not see this as an isolated problem and I hate it. So many of the past tragic events have been used for political gains. 9/11, Columbine, Oklahoma City; all of these place were awful events but the people that take someone else's misery and turn it into an agenda so quickly are a real problem and most people avoid this issue because it is a time of sadness. The whores that abuse other peoples suffering irritate the hell out of me.

I think that anyone that turnas a tragedy into a political issue is someone not worth listening to. This is a time that we need to sit back mourn the loss and wait for all the facts to come in and not make snap judgments. I see highly publicized tragic events used as emotional political fodder as a way to get things done as a sad thing themselves. All of these people abusing some parents loss of their children as a political speaking point should lose their jobs. Shame on them.

Sorry Flex, I know this is a political-esque thread but it is the people that make me angery and not the issues. As I see it the people have nothing to do with politics because the situation and the politics may change but there is always someone out there to exploit the situation. That is what has ruffled my feathers. I hope you wont hold it against me.

Great edit of the orginial. I am going to print it out and send it to my national and state legislators.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steven

Great Idea! How can I get a get a copy of it to print out? Tried pasting to word and it removes all the strike through & bold. Help.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent edit, my hat's off to you. Well put with just enough wit to make it sting as it exits their empty bleating crainiums through the wind tunnels called ears.

It is always theoretically possible to ask to be added to their mailing list with email addresses such as : clueless@leftist.net, limpwristed@sheeple.org, etc. Depending on the strength of their mailing datbase filters, it might overwhelm the dolts with enough bogus entries.

Not that I would condone such a thing, but it is possible.