Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rescomp belt compatability question

THS

Looking at the new rescomp belts, as they feel stiffer than the Safariland, and have the velcro hooks on the outer belt, where I'd prefer it for compatability with other belt systems I have.

I have been told that they are too big for the Safariland pouches to fit.    Does anyone have any practical experience trying to mix safariland pouches onto a Rescomp belt system?  I don't reall want to buy more poouches, and them sell mins on the classifieds unless I have to..

Thanks,

Tom

THS,

I have to disagree with spook's friend.  I've been using one of the new Rescomp/CR belts for over a year now with Safariland 771's and I've never had a problem.   The pouches are a snug fit on the belt but I wouldn't say they are overly so...just enough to keep them from moving around.  Maybe he was trying to attach some of the new Safariland levitation gear to a CR belt or something???  I don't know.  Anyway, I highly recommend the CR belt and Safariland pouches.  

Spook was talking about me and i can confirm what he told here.

I have the CRspeed 2000 "Hi-Torque" Belt

Long story short, no magpouches with 1 1/2" beltloops coul fit this belt.

The belt is just a bit higher than 11/2"

The  CR-Speed NEW mag pouches Catalogue Number: 110-006 fit the Cr speed belt perfect (ofcourse) If you would like to use these magpouches on a 11/2" belt from e.g. safariland there are spacers provided with the pouches to fill up the extra space to provent the magpouches to move on your belt.

I highly recommend the CRspeed belts with pouches that fit. I would prefer the newest CRspeed magpouches.

DVC

Adrie

Patches, i tried to e-mail at sales@rescomp.co.za more than once but if pouches with 11/2 " loops could fit the CRspeed 2000 "Hi-Torque" Belt  Never got an answer. I understood from Flexmoney they have had problems with answering their mail but thusfar new attemps were not succesfull.  Isn't the MLEbelt 2"?  The beltloop of the Crspeedmagpouches is to large to fit om my 11/2 " belt without the use of the spacers.

It could be easier if the people from Rescomp give some info.

I have the 771's that I'd like to use on the rescomp belt.  The Brownells stie shows the specs as 1.5 inches, which is the same as my 4350 belts I use now.

Please post if you are able to make this setup work.

Tom

Sorry the quality is so poor but I used my poor man's digital camera (scanner and a dark room) to take a picture for you.  I know the reading isn't exactly 1.500 but it's hard to measure cloth and hold it in place like this.  I think it's close enough that you get the idea...and that is one of three 771's attached to it.  

crbelt.jpg  

I just checked out the new (still in the package, fresh from South Africa) CR Speed belt that came in the mail the other day.

My Safariland 771's (for Glock) will fit.  I had to loosen up the screws some.  It doesn't seem like I would be able to move them around and reposition them, like I do on my Safariland belt.

This CR Speed belt...once I scrunch down the velcro some...measures 1.480 in height.

I had another local buddy that I suggested the CR Speed belt to a while back (from posts on here).  His didn't work with the equipment that he had.  I'll try to find out more about that (but, he doesn't answer emails real fast).

If any one requires information regarding CR Speed products I will gladly call them and find out for you. I am not sure why they havent replied mails but I do know that they do not update there websites very often.

Please post the exact message you would like me to ask them and I will get back to  you ASAP.

If any one requires information regarding CR Speed products I will gladly call them and find out for you. I am not sure why they havent replied mails but I do know that they do not update there websites very often.

Please post the exact message you would like me to ask them and I will get back to  you ASAP.

It seems there is some inconsistency in the height on the CRspeed belts.  

The mag pouches that didn't fit on mine belt were mine Safariland 773 competion mag pouches for glock.

When i am at home i will measure exact the height of mine belt and the inside of the beltloops of both my safariland and the CRspeedpouches.

Greetings

Adrie

I did some measuring :

CRspeed belt height : 1.523" (with firm presure applied)

Safariland magpouch beltloop : 1.490"

CRspeed new magpouches beltloop : 1.546"

I realy like the CRspeed belt, CRspeed holster and CRspeed pouches.

I like the safariland pouches too but i cannot use them on MINE CRspeed belt

Adrie

Flexmoney said :

I had another local buddy that I suggested the CR Speed belt to a while back (from posts on here).  His didn't work with the equipment that he had.  I'll try to find out more about that (but, he doesn't answer emails real fast).

Just curious if Flex his buddy had told some more about his "problems" with the CRspeed belt.

Adrie

I didn't get any more info from him :(.  He has passed the "extra" stuff off to some juniors.

I am thinking he is using Limcat mag holders and holster.  I believe those are what wouldn't fit on the CR Speed belt...but, don't hold me to that.

Got my Rescomp belt from Shooters Paradise (Phil Strader's shop) last night.  

The Safariland 771's and 773's will fit, but only if I take the belt hangers apart and sandwich them over the RSC belt.  This was no problem for me, as I had put the loop side of velcro on the inside of these hangers to make SURE they don't move on my 4350 belts.  They are tight enough now I have decided not to use the velcro, yet.

Side note:  The RSC system is WAY stiffer than the 4350 's  I have been using.  Also, the loop side of the velcro is on the inner belt, and the hooks are on the outer belt.  (backwards of the safariland comp gear)  I like this as my Safariland inner belt has shredded a few car seats when I've forgotten to take it off after practice.  One other strange thing.  The safariland duty gear has the same loop on inner belts as the RSC, so I can use the same inner for all my belts now.  Makes me wonder why safariland has mixed systems between duty and comp.

Thanks for those who replied,

Tom