I can live with that :mellow:

Jim

Edited by GentlemanJim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be an expensive season. I just paid $3.70/gal for petrol this morning. The most I've ever paid for petrol--ever.

I'm now officially nervous.

They have already "notified" everybody out here gas will be well over $4 this season. They will use the "summer blend" and "vacation driving" excuse as they do their annual price gouge run up that peaks around labor Day.

You will get relief soon after Labor day as Big Oil drops the price to try to keep the election from swinging the senate and white house to the democrats.

News update from Fri. Feb. 1: "VIENNA, Austria - Shrugging off calls to pump more oil, OPEC ministers said Friday that output levels will not be increased out of fear that a softening global economy will translate into weakened demand."

LINK :angry2:

It costs us over $30 to fill the tank now & we only get about 30 MPG (Toyota Matrix). This sucks! :angry2:

Im not about to buy any NEW car...much less a hybrid. I am thinking of building a high compression 300 inch SBC for my coupe That and a gear swap should get me into the high 20s in MPG. I can live with that :mellow:

Jim

Hi Jim! Instead of a new car, why not sell the gas guzzler you already own and use the money for fuel instead? Here is how -

Jim & everyone, fuel prices are not going down and its time for us to do something that is within our control; have you all considered these two options for car-share companies in light of gas prices?:

FLEXCAR website

ZIPCAR website

I hated the idea of buying a hybrid, but when her Saturn died, my wife was insistent that's what she wanted to replace it. I've grown to really like her Prius. It gets 40-45mpg usually. We've seen up to 50mpg, right up there with my motorcycle! Apart from the decent gas mileage, it's really a well built and reliable car. It's gotten really good ratings just based on that. It really wasn't any more expensive than other cars that I'd consider buying. It ain't for everybody, that's for sure, but if gas hits $4 a gallon I'll appreciate it even more! I take a lot of crap for owning it here in the land of the big ass trucks (and yeah I own a truck too, it is Texas), but I'm happy with the purchase. It's got a lot of zip for a battery powered go-kart (or the car powered by moon beams and unicorn farts, as my co-workers say!) :lol: