Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any One Use A Dawson Set Up Adj. Rear /front

Midas

They are good, really like front sight design.

Just be sure to get the .300 tall front to have more adjustability. I first purchased the shorter of the two available fronts and was a bit limited as the rear sight bottomed out.

Makes holster selection tougher though. Get a holster with a sight channel which will allow front sight to clear without raking it...unless you are using a bikini type holster. Solid sight set-up though.

have fun,

Will

I have the plain black adj. rear, and .100 X .285" f/o front on my G35 Limited gun. I like them a lot. Good sight picture, positive clicks, well made.

A little tall maybe, but I couldn't afford (nor wanted to wait for) melted Bomars.

I hope to get a G34 soon, but I have'nt made up my mind on either Dawson's, Warren/Sevigny's, or drop in Bomars.

IMO you can't go wrong with Dawson's. They are popular for a reason.....As are the others I mentioned

Good luck

I'm using adj plain target rear and .100 X .300 FO front. More I'm shooting more i like this setup. First time it was hard to stabilize front sight because it is very tall. But now is easier to call shoots. Some people say it's not worth to buy adjustable rear if you not reloading, but I'm using this setup with factory amunition. I like that I can readjust it if needed.

Go with this setup. Recomend 100%

Trying to find out how people like a Dawson Front and Rear Set up. With the rear being Adjustable.

Thanks,

Jan

Had them on my CDP gun which happens to be a 1911. It's an adjustable 3 dot tritium set. Very good sights but I went to the Warren tacticals when I switched to a Glock from an XD. They are the best sights I've ever used and I've tried everything. In fact I still have many of the sight sets that I've tried and will sell them for a reasonable offer so I can put the Warren's on all my guns.

Even with the tritium dot in the Warren front sight (green front + 2 yellow rear) I've still got PLENTY of daylight around the front sight which makes it really fast to pick up and you can still make precision shots if need be - unlike the XS that I had on my 1911 before I installed the Dawsons. The U notch in the rear somehow makes for a faster accurate sight picture and my scores improved virtually overnight. :wub: They're particularly helpful to my 50 year old vision.

I'm using the Dawson plain black adjustable rears with the fiber optic front sights on my G17 and G17L. They are great. I'm too paranoid about getting fixed sights and then having them be off a little on the elevation so I only go with adjustables. I will be getting another set soon for my G21 too.

-Cuz.

I'm too paranoid about getting fixed sights and then having them be off a little on the elevation so I only go with adjustables.

-Cuz.

I know what you mean. I had that concern as well but I believe Warren does offer different height fronts. If different height front sights are available it may be preferable to use fixed because of the simplicity/durability. Once I work up a load for a particular gun I stick with it and I got lucky in that I was spot on with the fixed Warren's on my Glock.

With the XS (Bomar cut) adjustables I ran on my last 1911 (before going to the much better Dawson's) I kept having a problem breaking pivot pins. Whan I contacted XS they acknowledged that it was a common problem and sent me a few extra pins which I promptly broke. They were solid pins. Making sure I was deburred and going to a HOLLOW pin minimized the problem.

More parts=more potential problems.

I'm too paranoid about getting fixed sights and then having them be off a little on the elevation so I only go with adjustables.

-Cuz.

I know what you mean. I had that concern as well but I believe Warren does offer different height fronts. If different height front sights are available it may be preferable to use fixed because of the simplicity/durability. Once I work up a load for a particular gun I stick with it and I got lucky in that I was spot on with the fixed Warren's on my Glock.

With the XS (Bomar cut) adjustables I ran on my last 1911 (before going to the much better Dawson's) I kept having a problem breaking pivot pins. Whan I contacted XS they acknowledged that it was a common problem and sent me a few extra pins which I promptly broke. They were solid pins. Making sure I was deburred and going to a HOLLOW pin minimized the problem.

More parts=more potential problems.

How do you know which height site to order? I assumed you have to buy one and see where your gun shoots, then buy a higher or lower one to compensate. You could end up with two or three extra sights that way. And, no offense, but I just had a relatively bad experience with an online Glock dealer. They don't tend to like returns for any reason. The re-stocking fees aren't worth it. I'll stick with adjustable sights. At least with Dawson's if they do break Dawson will stand behind them.

-Cuz.

I just sold my Dawsons in the classifieds, not because I didn't like them, but because I was trying to "make the weight". Using grip tape and a short THE tungsten rod, the Dawsons were too heavy. The WTS's I have on the gun now work fine, though, yeah, I do have lateral (not vertical, interestingly enough) movement of the POI with different loads.