Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Overall 1911 Carry Holster

Recon

Good Day all!

I have a single stack 1911 and wondering everyones opinion on a holster that can be used in both IPSC Standard Division and IDPA CDP?

Hope I'm sounding like I semi know what I'm talking about as I've never shot in either but would like to start and would like to get used to one holster between both rather than a different one for each.

Thanks

FHK Baker

Recon,

Blade Tech makes pretty good and extremely fast carry holsters that are Ok for IPSC Production and IDPA. Safariland supposedly has a new holster out that is a carry holster and pretty good and fast for carry. It's in Brownell's new section of the catalog.

Always been using an Uncle Mikes kydex for both IDPA and IPSC for my 1911 SS. Relatively fast if you do your part.  In one IDPA clubshoot, I had the highest overall time across all divisions using that holster. I doubt it was the holster though...maybe everybody else just had a bad day. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I like the uncle mike for gun games it seems to be pretty easy to draw from but for carry I find it a bit noisy. A few weeks ago I went out into my back yard to investigate what the dogs might be barking at. As I was walking around I noticed a strange rattling noise which turned out to be my kimber wiggling in the uncle mikes holster.

At my first Idpa match the only holser I had to use was a iwb galco summer comfort for my little para p12. My kimber fit perfectly in it. It was easy to draw and surprisingly comfortable.

just my opinion for what it's worth.