Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reload Feedback

You are doing a good job keeping your eyes on the mag until it is seated.

Take a close look - fix that head movement in the draw and reload.

Keep the gun UP!! Snap that left hand to the mag! ;)

+1

Keep the gun higher and you will be able to see the inside edge of the magwell. If you put a bright spot (paint, finger nail polish) on the right side of the of the magwell you will have a visual reference to look for. Something like This. Here is a good thread on reloading a Production gun. Reloading A Production Gun.

Be aware of your left hand speed.

Thanks for the responses. This was shot in the comfort of my basement. :P No more dry fire in NYC, I promise.

I have seen a lot of videos including the one Singlestack provided. Thanks for the link BTW.

I have a hard time recognizing the subtleties between my reloads and those of folks like Travis. Other than I am a 100 years slower and that seems so far away from where I am right now.

I will review them again to see what head movement is going on and try to calm that down.

Thanks.

I will review them again to see what head movement is going on and try to calm that down.

Do some draws in front of a mirror, using your dominant eye as your aiming point in the mirror. The head movement will become immediately apparent... ;)

try starting on target with finger on trigger in SA. Then use the timer to break from that position and reload with a movement to another shooting position. I use snap caps and dummy rounds to simulate some weight in the mag.

Sorry for the dark video, but I didn't have access to outdoors as we had a surprise storm..

This is a best case mag change clip, as I had some screw ups in other takes.

if anyone can fix the lighting, have at it...

Edited by Mo Hepworth