Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firearm Business For Sale?

I've been looking at starting or purchasing a business for awhile. Curious if anyone is aware of any firearms related businesses for sale, competition related or otherwise.

I'm not just window shopping I'm serious and have capital available. Probably best to contact me personally via PM or email cmarsh90@hotmail.com.

You forgot equipment or product rights Rob. If a business is doing poorly than you can expect to only pay for the hard assets and even then the equipment and inventory can be negotiated. When i bought my grocery stores i put in the contract salable inventory. I only paid for hard assets since the business was in bankruptcy when i bought it. Ran that store for 15 years until we sold it 3 years ago. It is now closed but somebody has bought it and is puting something in it. They are keeping it a secret.

Now for a business that has a good cash flow, established clients, reputation and established relationships with suppliers there is Goodwill. There are several formulas commonly used, the one I here of most and my CPA uses when he evaluates businesses is 3 years net profit plus hard assets(inventory, equipment, land & building). The existing profit stream and cash flow is worth something. Coming to that number is what negotiating is all about. Generally if a compnay is making 50,000 a year and has assets of 100,000 then the value would be 250,000.

Of course all this is different in each situation, its only a guideline.

Goodluck on your search but be careful. People loose everything everyday trying to go into business. If thre wasnt risk there wouldnt be reward. A new company has much higher risk and is generally a lower cost to enter into. An existing profitable company has less risk but will cost more for that lower risk.