Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Custom Shop Cz75 Sp-01

dghboy315

this is my version from Matt Mink

aIMG_0618.jpg

awesome gun. The action is great..DA is about 6# and SA is 2#. Sights are easy to see..I am using a serrated black sight..as I shoot that better than the FO front.

Edited by eerw

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...;highlite=sp-01

Search results for "SP-01" went multiple pages..... enjoy your reading!

i did do a search and i did read all those threads, however none of them refer to the custom shop version of the sp-01. is the "shadow" the same as the custom shop version?

is the grip geometry of the sp-01 the same as the cz 75?

is it better to get a standard sp-01 and have it sent to a smith or just get the custom shop sp-01?

Edited by dghboy315

the CZ-USA custom shop SP01 is not an SP01 Shadow.

it is like it, but not the same.. the Custom Shop version is legal is USPSA production, but specifically not allowed in IPSC production..but the CZ-UB Shadow, which is rollmarked as such, is allowed in IPSC production but is not on the USPSA production list.

the grip on the SP01 is for the most part the same as a 75b..the differences are the beavertail, the ext mag release, the recurved trigger and the beveled magwell.

Sorry to lump your question in with all the other SP-01 stuff.... B)

But, you say tomato, I say tomato....

the difference between the Shadow, "Custom Shop", or a stock one that Angus or Matt worked on and added all the same parts is negligible.... (besides The Angus and Matt versions having better trigger tuning).

The Custom Shop version is a turn key model of what Angus has been building all along.... or you can buy a stock one and have Angus add the parts and tune it for you..... same end result.

Pick which "Rollmarked" version is legal for your sport (on the right USPSA or IPSC list) and get it ordered up, they are great guns. (But the only reason all the versions exist is to get on the right approved lists.)

I had the chance to dry-fire an SP-01 that Angus had done, incredible. The gun belonged to Darion Holliwell and we were at an Insights class in Washington. I went through 1800 rounds in three days, so I'm sure Darion's round count was right there also. That gun didn't have a single problem that I recall. I've been wanting one ever since, but a limited gun is going to be next for me.

Does anyone know if either the Custom Shop SP-01 or the Shadow SP-01 have a slide with the firing pin block omitted from the slide (an empty area where the firing pin block resides). Or are the slides like the CZ 85 Combat and do not have hole for the firing pin block and having that more competition oriented design like the 85 Combat.

the photos of the SP01 Shadow from CZUB that I have seen..

there is no roll pin in the slide that would hold the FPB. also the specs on the gun say no FPB.

the SP01 custom shop from CZ-USA shows the roll pin..and specs say the SP01 can be supplied without a FPB with a written request.

how important are all the custom features to the sp-01? is it really necessary to totally customize the sp-01? what are the can't live without modifications? or can a stock sp-01 be competitive? how much customizing can you do yourself?

i'm asking b/c i have a chance to get a new stock sp-01 for $440. should i get it or hold out for custom shop one for 850?

Edited by dghboy315

how important are all the custom features to the sp-01? is it really necessary to totally customize the sp-01? what are the can't live without modifications? or can a stock sp-01 be competitive? how much customizing can you do yourself?

i'm asking b/c i have a chance to get a new stock sp-01 for $440. should i get it or hold out for custom shop one for 850?

Buy it stock shoot it for a while before you change anything. You will probablely find that you want different sights and a trigger job. Then again maybe youwill like the stock configuration and save some green. Either way $440 is an excelent price and will be tough to beat.

ok, so i'm going for the stock sp-01. i will also be ordering a blade tech DOH.

as for magazines for uspsa production, i will be getting some mecgar mags. i hear they do the job. where can you get the rubber base pads?

for 3gun magazines, what are the highest capacity 140mm magazines?

finally, i will want some new sights right away. what is the sight picture for the cz competition plane black sights? 6 o'clock hold? cut the target in half? b/c ghostholsters.com has 2 different plane black front sights a normal one and a FULL, which needs to be trimmed. i'm not sure which to get.

Mecgar mags are great..

rubber basepads you can get by calling CZ-USA or Angus

for 140 mags..there is not a true 140mm.. the SP01 19 mag can be modified to hold 20-22 rounds..there are basepads from CPMI that you can add...but if I remember correctly they are slightly over 140mm on the SP01 mag..

The CZ competition sight is typical combat hold..POA is POI.

the normal sight should be POA for the competition rear..the full sight is slightly taller and you can trim it to fit your sight hold.

Hey all.

IPSC Global Village has a document issued by CZUB which lists & photographs CZUB CZ75 SP01 Shadow specs. & options.

I have searched everywhere for this type of info. & found this the most comprehensive so far.

Please feel free to post similar info. locations.

Go to:

IPSC Global Village/Forum/Production/CZ75 SP01

Hey all.

IPSC Global Village has a document issued by CZUB which lists & photographs CZUB CZ75 SP01 Shadow specs. & options.

I have searched everywhere for this type of info. & found this the most comprehensive so far.

Please feel free to post similar info. locations.

Go to:

IPSC Global Village/Forum/Production/CZ75 SP01

Agree - good source of info. Just keep in mind that when they say "illegal for production" over there in the Global Village - they are talking about IPSC rules that are NOT applicable to the USA. Rather, we follow USPSA modifications to the IPSC rules. Some other sources:

www.cz-usa.com

www.czforum.com

www.czshooters.com