Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hats & Barrels...going prone

Flex, we worry about getting ourselves and our guns dirty for 3 reasons,

1.) unlike yourself when our guns get muddy we can't just throw them in the dishwasher.

2.) mud just doesn't look cool

3.) with all of that hay there i wasn't sure if it was "just mud" remember i DO live in West Virginia!!!

Throw them in the dishwasher???  I thought you just threw those Beretta guns away and bought new...since they break so easy.  

Trigger....talk about trigger...once you get a Beretta with a good one, it won't fire the primers...or, if you forget to clean it...you have to borrow some CLP from a Glock guy (who has plenty, since he doesn't need much) just to finish the match.

peepwall.gif

(Your position is not fortified.  Take your lumps...drop back and regroup.  This battle was lost when three of you wimpered about the mud.    

Roll over prone is easier for older, fatter,buggered kness and less fit persons to get in and out of.

I should know.

I works, only real flat chested or stomached persons cn go prone dead straight ahead. Plus with rollover your neck is not bent back hard. A lot less stressful, therefore better.

Stop arguing about useless European guns, buy a real one for gods sake. If they were any good the Euros would not have need American help in 1939.

"This battle was lost when three of you wimpered about the mud."

This from a guy who I believe was GOING to shoot Saturday...but somehow got switched to Sunday. Hmmmmm?

One more feeble attempt at retaliation:

Oh Yeah? Least I can shoot 200gr bullets in a .40 without full body armor and a welder's face shield thingy.

SA

AND...

Did Glock or any other pistola go 1-2-3 in the Ohio match, therefore demonstrating its complete dominance and universal "BESTNESS" for a particular division?

Production shoulda been called "Langdon's disciples get down and dirty and crush Gaston's goons!"

Best I can do....still pretty feeble, and fitting gmiprod's description of who can benefit from rollover prone more every day...:)

SA

Steve

If you shot barrel last and kneeled and leaned into the barrel it was an easy shot. I could have bent down shot pretzel, but this was faster and easier. If you try it you will see what I mean. I could feel heat and blast from the hybrid but that shouldn't matter. Sort of like mud shouldn't :) Couldn't resist.

Truth is I am sitting here wondering if I should drive to Rayners since it is raining. It will stop quickly but I hate getting wet or muddy. Last shoot and 3 gun hmmm

Bill, I'm not going, so no challenges from me there! i haven't shot rifle or shotgun since the 3 gun before last at rayners. also if no classifier, i don't particularly want to drive all that way.

There is east huntingdon PA 4th sunday. and Clairton PA usually shoots all winter... so, i'm not too worried.

Yesterday was our regular club IDPA match and one stage required us to go prone to engage 3 targets and 2 poppers.  Good thing I remembered this thread and twisted my cap.  But there's something about my going prone that's really wrong. I seem to hit my *pleasure chi* on the ground and did again yesterday. NO FUN! Especially when it required the SO to call out the unload command three times and hearing only the third. :) OUCH!

• 2 weeks later...

Useless European guns!!! Why you....

Just because we started making very cheap guns out of plastic with horrible triggers and alloy framed guns that break every 200 rnds. doesn't make them useless. You can always throw them at your target :) They're light so you can throw them farther.

And if that doesn't work you can always get the only good one out there. The HK P7M13 (what do you mean biased).