Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally Making The Move

Toeter

Hi there,

i saw my subscription date (december 2005) so i thought it would be time to introduce myself. :D

I'm Winfred, from the Netherlands. Better known as "Toeter". 25 yrs old.

I'm shooting Steel plates for 5 or 6 years. I began with a 6" S&W 686 in .38/357M. A year ago i bought a CZ 75. Both build in 1986!!

This sunday, April 1st, i'm having my NPSA exam (the dutch IPSC organisation). I'm using my 686. In a training exam i made 216 points. If i had just 9 more i made it to "expert", but it was just a training :unsure: . So im hoping i reach at least 225 this sunday. :P

At may this year i'm also shooting my first Steel Challenge.

Well, enough talkin' let's go shootin'!! :D

Welcome, Winfred! If you are into shooting, this is the place to be.

Please do tell us more about this NPSA Exam. Do you have to take the exam in order to be able to shoot matches, or is it a system to rank shooters by comparable skill levels (like out Classification system)?

...Mark

Welcome, Winfred! If you are into shooting, this is the place to be.

Please do tell us more about this NPSA Exam. Do you have to take the exam in order to be able to shoot matches, or is it a system to rank shooters by comparable skill levels (like out Classification system)?

...Mark

Thanx!

The exam is made out of 7 different excercises. th licence is, indeed, needed to shoot NPSA matches.

a couple examples:

One of them is the "El presidente".

3 targets, two shots on each target, reload, and again 2 shots on each target in 10 seconds. (lost one shot on this because of my reload :( )

Target @ 25 m. (27,43 yards) where you have to shoot 6 shots in 15 sec. (seems easy, but you have to take your time to make sure all shots are in the A-zone.)

Target @ 25m. 1 shot on one target in 2,5 sec. (six times)

You'll have to attend the training and get you license to shoot NPSA.

The targets are scored "minor" A-5, C-3, D-1.

If you get a 100 point you'll get your licence. If you'll get 140, you get a marksman badge, with 170 a sharpshooter badge, 225 an expert badge and if you get a full score of 250 points you're distuingeshed expert.

And the're, for all i know, no Distuingeshed Experts in the Netherlands.

Ps. It's about time someone kicked some "spook" :mellow: in revo devision!!!

Edited by Toeter

Hi Toeter,

Good thing you made " the move" to register for the NPSA-exam.

No doubt you will pass it, only question wil be "what gradation"

End i wil be there to see that you get the points you deserve ;)

I hope you will have enough patience to see in time your indisputable existing talent in revolver pay of in match results.

A this forum you can sure find a lot of what you need.

Good luck!

Greetings Adrie

p.s. don't kick Spook,

he migth kick back at you and these days he is very busy in wrestling and i estimate he weighs about 75 lb more than you ;)

I hope you will have enough patience to see in time your indisputable existing talent in revolver pay of in match results.

A this forum you can sure find a lot of what you need.

Good luck!

Greetings Adrie

p.s. don't kick Spook,

he migth kick back at you and these days he is very busy in wrestling and i estimate he weighs about 75 lb more than you ;)

Thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to the exam.

And to Spook... Friend :D What's up with you :P

75lb ?... :unsure:

Welcome Toeter!!!

Sounds like an interesting choice to standardize and mandate a combination of both safety trainging most clubs here do "unofficially" with new shooters as they attend their first couple matches, and the ranking or class system we have by working classifier stages into our matches. I wish you the best of luck in your training/qualification!

I served in Germany a few years during the 1980's, just long enough to get a taste of how opressive some european gun restrictions can be. It terrifies me, that many here wish to emmulate them. I pray they never succede!

Woohoo i made it through the exam!!

214 out 250 points. so that makes me NPSA "Sharpshooter".

Too bad i had a mailfunction on of of the stages. One piece of brass was stuck in the cylinder, under the extractor star. Therefor i wasn't able to make all the shots. If i shot 3 more Alpha (what could be done during that run) i became an Expert. :blink:

But hey, im in! First NPSA match is may 13 in Dongen.

:D:D

Welcome Winfred!

Good to have new members to the revolver fraternity. Now, go get that 686 fixed for moonclips so you don't ever have that malf again, or better yet switch to a 625.

Have fun Mr. Sharpshooter!

B)

Woohoo i made it through the exam!!

214 out 250 points. so that makes me NPSA "Sharpshooter".

Too bad i had a mailfunction on of of the stages. One piece of brass was stuck in the cylinder, under the extractor star. Therefor i wasn't able to make all the shots. If i shot 3 more Alpha (what could be done during that run) i became an Expert. :blink:

But hey, im in! First NPSA match is may 13 in Dongen.

:D:D

Congratulations!

Go burn 'em up!

Welcome! I just found this place in December. Don't bother looking around. This is "The Place" for shooters! I have found all of the answers to my many questions here or with someone who uses this forum. Good luck. Shoot straight.

• 4 weeks later...
Welcome Winfred!

Good to have new members to the revolver fraternity. Now, go get that 686 fixed for moonclips so you don't ever have that malf again, or better yet switch to a 625.

Have fun Mr. Sharpshooter!

B)

I wasn't really planning on getting a new Revo, but if it comes along on your path you gotta grab it :D

so you can call me the new owner of Spook's "World Shoot" S & W 625 :D

Now it's time to complete the paperwork and get this thing rolling again !!

I'd like to see the entire exam requirements. That would be fun to work into a match as various stages.

The NPSA drill is a conversion of the cooper army drill. It was copied by Arnold Korvers (one of the founders of the NPSA) from Jeff Cooper when they met at a match in Brussels (Belgium) in the seventies I think. They used the drill as a classifier then. I don't know these days because I'm not a NPSA member yet.

You can PM me for the NPSA drill. For the origenel test with classic targets I have to check my fathers "exam diploma"

greetings,

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

Paperwork's done. I got it! Last night i shot a few rounds with the 625. :wub: i love it. the recoil is more than i'm used to, but that just needs some practising.

Oh and i shot my first match in Dongen last Sunday. Oh My God!!! What a RUSH!!!!

And uhm.. Guess what?

100% baby yeah!!! WOOHOO Can you believe it... :lol:

overall results

Stage results

• 2 weeks later...