Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multi-gun (3-gun) Match

On Monday, May 28, 2007 the Northern California Practical Shooters will be hosting a USPSA Multi-Gun match. Open, Limited and Tactical divisions. 6 exciting and challenging stages. $35 match fee, San Angelo scoring. More information will be posted as it becomes available at http://www.actionpistol.org/ncps/ncps.htm

Yeah that's what I just figured out.. No week 5 in May this month, it got shifted to April... and staying the night isn't so much as issue, it the *whine* traffic on 80 home.. Normally a 90 min one way turns into a 3.5 hour crawl fest and it gets worse if there are any accidents. I may talk to Dave/Dan/Todd/Chris and maybe carpool with them from Antioch. Of course that means taking the scope off the model 700 and placing it back on the mini :D

I'm sure it'll be a fun match, I loved last year's. There was someone who will remain nameles that um, forgot his long gun that I had to return to him :lol:

Vince

• 1 month later...

Great match again guys..

Butch, John, Adam, Bruce, Steve.. and I'm sure others...

Although Stage 5 does give me a new post in 'Things never to do before a match without checking your zero..' I knew shooting at the 100-125 flashers.. when I have to hold a foot+ to the left to hit them, I was doomed.

Rest of the match was great.

For next year, any chance to use the long range bay? Not all the way out, maybe just out to 400-500? I think that would be a kick.

Great match again guys..

Although Stage 5 does give me a new post in 'Things never to do before a match without checking your zero..' I knew shooting at the 100-125 flashers.. when I have to hold a foot+ to the left to hit them, I was doomed.

For next year, any chance to use the long range bay? Not all the way out, maybe just out to 400-500? I think that would be a kick.

so, except for the 22 yd texas stars?? anyway, glad u could make it. dave, we can go further on that bay, and might at some point.

Luckily.. TMC went first on the star.. poor bastard... lol

He was making solid hits with 7.5s.. they just wouldn't fall.

We all changed chokes, and brought up more ammo..

Even with the full choke, I took 4 extra shots to get them to fall..

+1 on Dave's thanks,

Great match, great stages, with one very reminiscent of another 3-gun match stage without the train motif :D

Are the results posted yet? Will Chris get his prize money for shooting tac-scope class with iron sights?

Great match again guys..

I guess we could go out further next time we are able to get that bay. It is a busy bay and hard to schedule. How about a couple of 30 point plates at 500 meters?

This is in 2009, anyone up for a road trip?

Match Name: World 3-Gun Championship-Best Shooter In The World

Level: V

Region: Ecuador

City: Guayaquil

Match Date: TBA (3 days)

Discipline: Tournament

Number of Stages: 24

Contact Name: Victor Ferrero

That would be really cool.

Is there a way to put a 'max time' on a statge in USPSA?

That would speed up some of those longer statges. Maybe 300 seconds or something?

no can do, dave...

Virginia Count? It would accomplish the same goal.

Under the rules you'd have to use paper, which means basically you'd have to have somebody behind cover down range to score if you're going to go long like he's talking about.

Based on what we saw at the BARC I'd imagine anything past 300 would be give you a lot of "2 mikes" from the Limited shooters.

That would be really cool.

Is there a way to put a 'max time' on a statge in USPSA?

That would speed up some of those longer statges. Maybe 300 seconds or something?

no can do, dave...

Virginia Count? It would accomplish the same goal.

Under the rules you'd have to use paper, which means basically you'd have to have somebody behind cover down range to score if you're going to go long like he's talking about.

Based on what we saw at the BARC I'd imagine anything past 300 would be give you a lot of "2 mikes" from the Limited shooters.

NCPS don't do no paper at 300+...

Hey Butch,

Did you stay for the results? Who won?

no clue-stayed to tear down all the stages and cut out-was a long weekend. i'm sure steve will get them posted to the website real soon. otoh, we scheduled the 2nd annual shotgun challenge for sept 8.