Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para P16 And A Ghost Holster?

steel1212

Sorry if this has been gone over. I'm setting up a para for limited and like the ghost holsters I've been seeing around. Will these work well with a para or will it be a sloppy fit because it doesn't have a squared trigger guard?

Sorry if this has been gone over. I'm setting up a para for limited and like the ghost holsters I've been seeing around. Will these work well with a para or will it be a sloppy fit because it doesn't have a squared trigger guard?

I also shoot a P-16, and though I haven't tried a Ghost, I had rather sloppy results with a CR Speed. I just ordered a Guga Ribas, so we'll see how that works. I think most of the "speed" holsters made these days are geared toward the S_I format. Probably not going to find many that won't have at least a little bit of wobble in a traditional 1911 configuration.

Before I switched to an STI, I used a Universal Shooting Academy holster from Frank Garcia with my P16-40. It is very similar to the Ghost holster I now use but the gun doesn't sit as far out from your hip. There is a little front to back play, but the gun is secure in the holster. This might be a option you could look into. The holster for 1911's fits the Para.

2 pages of stuff showed up when I searched on "para and ghost". Try it!

Thats funny when I tried that it gave me the red, "can't find any matches" message.

try it all lower case (without the ""s)

edit: I am trying some experiments...

searching for "para and ghost" (from the top level of the forums) finds 2 pages of stuff

searching for "para And ghost" only finds this thread

The difference is in the first case the search engine goes and finds all posts that have the word para and the word ghost. The second case the search engine looks for all posts with the string "para And ghost" in it.

Edited by ChuckS

Thats funny when I tried that it gave me the red, "can't find any matches" message.

Umm I did try it all lower case just like this in all forums "para ghost"

Umm I did try it all lower case just like this in all forums "para ghost"

OK, let me try to be a bit more clear...

select the following link to get to the top level index of the forums:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

open the search thingie and type all the characters ( 3 words and 2 spaces) in the next line:

para and ghost

and hit search. That should work! :D

LOL,

This is fun. Just for a test I searched on only the word "and". The results were that the search engine stopped at 1000 theads! I guess we use the word and a lot!

The search on "para and ghosts" returns all the posts that it finds with the word para and the word ghost. Granted, they may not be exactly the answer you are looking for but if the holster had been discussed on the forum it is most likely in one of those threads. At that point you can just browse the threads or try and refine the search like "para and ghost and holster" or some such thing.

the search on "para ghost" finds one thread, this one!

Take Care,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

Screw all this search talk :ph34r:

I ran a Ghost with a Kimber, Colt, and a Para with no problem. Now I use a Guga Ribas with my Para Limited gun and it's a perfect fit.

Get the Ghost and have no worries...

Screw all this search talk :ph34r:

I ran a Ghost with a Kimber, Colt, and a Para with no problem. Now I use a Guga Ribas with my Para Limited gun and it's a perfect fit.

Get the Ghost and have no worries...

10-4 thanks