Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcraft Or Cr?

twister

I need to buy a new holster for my 627, and would like to know which one would be better? The Limcat or the CR, Thanks for any help you can give me, Dave

Edited by twister

I need to buy a new holster for my 627, and would like to know which one would be better? The Limcat or the CR, Thanks for any help you can give me, Dave

I switched from the Limcat to a CR Speed when I was shooting Limited Division with a Para. The Limcat works OK when new, but become very insecure over time. After nearly a year of trying to find replacement parts or getting any response from the manufacturer, I pitched it into the closet, switched to CR and haven't looked back.

When I started shooting Revolver Division I didn't even consider the Limcat; see avatar.

I started with a CR and went to a Limcat after the CR broke and dropped to the ground with gun still in it.

The Limcat took a little longer to set up, but I find it better for going prone and not having to adjust anything between the 627 & 686 regardless of barrel length.

The one major down fall is Limcat service just downright sucks. It took years and no I am not exagerating to get a holster I ordered. If you can get your hands on one NOW, jump on it.

Thanks for the help. Shooters connection says they have them in stock, the Limcat, I may just order from them. Unless, someone knows where to get it cheaper. I think their price is $169.99.

Yes, it's the Big Butt with some modification ... I actually whittled more of it away today. It came with the gun when I got it.

Edit: I got the gun from a shooting buddy ... not a store.

Edited by short_round