Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Tactical .40

Julien Boit

http://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=SVP40ED1

Is it like this? I am partial to SV because of the interchangeable breechface, in case the rules change or I decide I want to do something different. I am having one of these built right now, and I think it cool way to go. I prefer a hardchrome finish, with the black polymer finish in the groves, Tripp Research, easy to clean, doesn't wear off. If you are going tactical are you going widebody? More bullets would be more "practical" in the real world right?

You can see it on the labcam from the STI website.

It's a full profile, wideboby frame ,front and rear serrations and it can be had with surefire rail or socom rail.

I like it all black and I think I'll get both sides of the slide polished to make a contrast but keeping the inside of the serrations black.

It will only be for IPSC shooting

DVC

Julien

Julien,

It is very similiar to what I am building and I think your are right to get the rail put on (good for night shooting and a big cool factor,) but I think you should get the frame fluted too, to match the front serations. The two tone black sound cool!!! I like black, but I haven't found one that I don't wear off  :( Post a pict when you get it please.

Phil,

I'll have to renew my wardrobe but, that's life !

I don't like that much all the fluting thing, I rather like plain frame except for the rail of course ( the cool factor is what I care) for the finish, It doesn't matter, a friend of mine works very well when it comes to blueing parts.

DVC

Julien

I just think it would be cool to get some funny looks at a match shooting with the flashlight on.

IDPAers would think you were very tactical and hence, very cool. Then again you might get a FTDR.

I guess I could mount a laser on it and shoot open class

Open is a division, not a class.