Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DIFFERENT SLIDE GLIDE TOPIC....

Jeffro

I always hear about Slide Glide for the UPPER frame and upper frame components.  I am sure I didn't pioneer this, however, I use Slide Glide on the mainspring and the mainspring "tunnel" in the mainspring housing.  

I can really feel a substantial difference in the smoothness of the cocking operation when racking the slide and/or when thumb-cocking the hammer  after applyling Slide Glide  to the aforementioned areas.  

by the way, I am in no way affiliated with Slide Glide nor do I profit from it's use in any way (excepting for the benefits derived from MY use of it!!).  Just thought I would pass this little tip on.

Jeff

Philip,

I just kind of swab it to make sure all surfaces of the spring AND the "spring tunnel" are fully coated, coat the rim of the retainer cap, and BINGO....... smoother hammer and trigger action.......... it is magic!!!!!  I don't "gob" it on in big globs, just liberally coat it.  I used "Number 1" cause that is what I have.  Can't tell you if #3 would be better, but I'll bet you SOMEONE here can tell you.

Good luck,     Jeff

Jeff

Yes, I realized I completely forgot to mention the mainspring housing when Jeff mentioned it to me on the phone Monday. It does work great in the mainspring housing. And #1 should be all you need there. Don't want to slow down the hammer too much.

;)

be