Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34, Now I Have Two! I Need A G17 Top End

midvalleyshooter

I had bought a G34 a couple months back to get back into action pistol. I have shot a couple IDPA matches and had a good time. I am shooting my old classification of expert but my goal is to shoot a master score in the classifier.

Anyhow today I found a great deal on another G34 I could not pass up. I was looking for a G17 I could use in GSSF. But the G34 was right there calling my name:)

Does anyone know where is the best place to buy a G17 top end?

Thanks,

Keith

I would call this cat from Summit Gun Broker. He may have a few uppers for sale.

Thanks for the info PB, I will check it out.

K

From what I've seen of used G17's you might be better off just buying a used whole gun for @ $350. Of course there is always ebay to watch for an upper.

How much is a Glock upper worth? Maybe I will buy a 17 upper, then sell the spare 34 upper?

Thanks,

K

Can't buy and sell guns on eBay anymore. That stopped awhile ago.

Even when you could, a good upper would go for $200 ~ $300 and you could buy the whole gun for $350 ~ $450. Not really worth it.

Chris, they sell slides pretty regularly on eBay; it's just FFL-required stuff (frames/guns), high-caps, and I'm sure other things that are verboten.

There's a 17 upper on there now, though prices are fairly high, it being eBay. After all, you're buying it for more than anyone else it willing to pay. <grin>

I found a G22 upper last year, by putting a "WTB" in the for-sale section of Glock Talk -- maybe another option?

May trade top ends off my G17 for G34, call 361-241-1091

Benny I saw this too late to call you. I sent you a PM.

Keith

An Advantage Arms .22 caliber upper might be fun.

I will keep my eyes open for a AA 22 upper.

Can't buy and sell guns on eBay anymore. That stopped awhile ago.

Even when you could, a good upper would go for $200 ~ $300 and you could buy the whole gun for $350 ~ $450. Not really worth it.

Chris, they sell slides pretty regularly on eBay; it's just FFL-required stuff (frames/guns), high-caps, and I'm sure other things that are verboten.

There's a 17 upper on there now, though prices are fairly high, it being eBay. After all, you're buying it for more than anyone else it willing to pay. <grin>

I found a G22 upper last year, by putting a "WTB" in the for-sale section of Glock Talk -- maybe another option?

I put those 17 uppers on watch. I'm curious what they will go for.

Keith