Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems With My Cz Sp-01 .....

Stefano

Hi to all !

I've bought a few months ago a new CZ SP-01 and now, after perhaps 7/8000 rounds fired without any kind of problem, during my last training session of 500 rounds, the gun has fired for TWO times a 2/3 round burst.

Notice: the gun is absolutely "out-of-the-box"; I've NOT done any kind of triggerjob and/or gunsmithing works.

I've done an accurate cleaning and check of the gun, and the both the sear and the hammer are looking OK.

Any suggestion about anything else to try and to verify, before going to the pistolsmith ?

Many thanks in advance.

Stefano

Edited by Stefano

Hi to all !

I've bought a few months ago a new CZ SP-01 and now, after perhaps 7/8000 rounds fired without any kind of problem, during my last training session of 500 rounds, the gun has fired for TWO times a 2/3 round burst.

Notice: the gun is absolutely "out-of-the-box"; I've NOT done any kind of triggerjob and/or gunsmithing works.

I've done an accurate cleaning and check of the gun, and the both the sear and the hammer are looking OK.

Any suggestion about anything else to try and to verify, before going to the pistolsmith ?

Many thanks in advance.

Stefano

Hi Stefano - I notice you are in Italy & are shooting IPSC rules for Production.

-best guess is: firing pin is sticking. It could be that the firing pin spring broke, or residue / brass shavings have entered the channel - especially if there is no firing pin block in your gun (and yes - some SP-01s WERE shipped without the Series 80 plunger,so Stafano is following IPSC rules even if its not there). It is easy to check - just drive out the dual roll pins, check & clean.

-next guess is: broken/chipped/worn SA sear or hammer notch. Need to take the bottom end apart to check these. It is very very rare for a CZ to "double" like that. Only other thing I can think of is: broken sear spring. Check it the same way.

Regards,

TY-44934

Hi Stefano,

personally I'll agree with the first solution that Carlos gave to you. The Cz Sp01 hasn't any kind of safety on firing pin and may be the firing pin spring loose tension so the gun double the fire.

Check it for first prima di spendere soldi da qualche armiere.

saluti ;)

p.s.

look at one of next numbers of Armi&Tiro you'll find a comparative test between all the production guns on the market....

Edited by Josh Biondi

Thanks Carlos, :)

grazie Josh ;)

My gun comes from factory without firing pin block/safety:

I've already checked the firing pin spring but is seems OK: due to the fact that I'm now using a lighter recoil spring (11 Lbs ...) it coud be a good idea to try a heavier firing pin spring, to prevent firing pin sticking ?

Next thing: as said before both the hammer & the sear seems OK, but it coud be a reason for the malfunction described the loosening of the sear spring ?

I've already checked it and it isn't broken: could it be simply loosen ?

Again, thanks a lot to both of you ! ;)

Ciao from Italy !

Stefano

Edited by Stefano

Thanks Carlos, :)

grazie Josh ;)

My gun comes from factory without firing pin block/safety:

I've already checked the firing pin spring but is seems OK: due to the fact that I'm now using a lighter recoil spring (11 Lbs ...) it coud be a good idea to try a heavier firing pin spring, to prevent firing pin sticking ?

Next thing: as said before both the hammer & the sear seems OK, but it coud be a reason for the malfunction described the loosening of the sear spring ?

I've already checked it and it isn't broken: could it be simply loosen ?

Again, thanks a lot to both of you ! ;)

Ciao from Italy !

Stefano

All CZ Sp01 comes out from factory without firing pin block/safety. Assumed it may be a good way to try use a firing pin spring heavier, but checking alway the fired brass primers. However I dont have noticies that a recoil spring lighter than factory can give this kind of trouble. If you're sure about firing pin check we talked before you can look at sear and hammer to check it. CZ has the same trigger sistem of Tanfoglio's gun. So may be a good way to follow to check the sear engage surface (if its has the right apex) and the spring.

At last check again the gun on fire to see if the trouble comes again.

ciao

Edited by Josh Biondi

By the way ...

Yust done full disassembly of the gun: it seems that the problem is the sear-spring, as suggested by you guys ...

The best it should be to replace it with another (new) but here, in Italy, is very-very-very hard to obtain any kind of spare parts from the local official importer (Bignami).

So I've "re-charded" the spring by hands, hoping that it will be good for another period of time ....

It's an absurd: if you need to replace even one single spring broken .... due to this horrible "customer care" we have here, in Italy, you can't use your gun for months ....

Does anybody knows where I can order some spare parts for the CZ, and have them shipped in Italy ? I'm sure that it is much more easy to obtain they in USA (or in Europe) than in Italy .... :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Stefano

Stefano wrote: "So I've "re-charded" the spring by hands, hoping that it will be good for another period of time ...."

Actually, there is a process to "re-temper" springs if you look at this site:

www.strictlyIPSC.com

-if you go to the section "Miscelaneous" and "mag spring re-tempering"

Regards,

C.

It's an absurd: if you need to replace even one single spring broken .... due to this horrible "customer care" we have here, in Italy, you can't use your gun for months ....

Does anybody knows where I can order some spare parts for the CZ, and have them shipped in Italy ? I'm sure that it is much more easy to obtain they in USA (or in Europe) than in Italy .... :angry::angry::angry:

you might want to try http://www.ghostholster.com/index.html and hopefully Angus can help you out?

Stefano,

If you find a way to get spare parts I would advise you to get some trigger return springs and a slide stop or two! I broke 2 TRS and 1 SS last year in about 9000 rounds :angry:

Good shooting,

Chuck

Thanks, good advice.

Me too I've already broken the trigger spring (due to the fact that I usually do daily dry-fire at home ...) and I've replaced it with a spare one from Tanfoglio (luckly it's 100% compatible ...).

About the slide-stop a frind of my is at his 3rd spare one ! :blink::blink::blink:

And he's not shooting a lot: no IPSC matches and training, but only "shooting for fun" sometimes ...