Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Gsr

Timpe

Haven't seen much written on the Sig GSR, is it not used much in the stock/production/limited shooting scene? I'd like any imput you all might have on the GSR> Relibility and all. Looks nice but I'd like so feed back. Thanks Tim

Edited by Timpe

• 7 months later...

I recently picked one of the new STX Revolution guns up and am pleased with the overall fit and finish. Feature-wise, the gun compares well with most other guns in the price range, like the TRP or some of the higher end Kimbers. Accuracy has been good and I've found the gun to be reliable with Wilson, CMC and Checkmate magazines.

One thing I do note is that the gun is noticeably softer than my mainstay (Springfield TRP) single stack .45. The extra mass of the slide really soaks up recoil. I would have figured it would have been just the opposite.

The biggest problem is finding a holster to fit!

a friend of mine picked one up when it first came out. He said it worked like a normal 1911. at one point, he even contemplated using it as a duty weapon. after a few rounds (around 500 or so. he used it mainly to test his 45 acp loads) the screw on the extractor side started backing itself out. I'm sure if you kept on top of it, it'll work fine but i don't like having to worry if i remembered to tighten a screw or not the last time the gun was out :mellow: .

The Sig GSR is a single action 1911 and would not be legal in Production. The railed and non railed versions would be legal in single stack, and limited 10 of course.

I tried on last year, and while fit and feel were excellent, it had lots of feeding problems. Went back three times for not feeding, plus the extractor claw broke off in less than 700 rounds. This was an early GSR, and as I understand the Revolution GSR's corrected many of these problems once Sig rbought the frame and slide production in house instead of outsourcing.

I would get a Dan Wesson PM7 or STI Trojan or Fusion Firearms 1911 over a Sig. Or spend a few more bucks and get a S&W Performance Center 1911.

Edited by fortyfiveshooter