Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 De-cap

The whole advance will jam (shell plate) and noticed that there was mangled primers in shells as well as laying around. Pulled a shell on the powder station and it had not been de-capped (hence no primers being seated and mangleing). Took it apart and ran some shells with no primers and there are some shells that are not getting de primed. I have the EGW u -die. It is all adjusted to spec. Do I have to lower the decap pin, as it sits flushed with the crimp nut on top? Bad brass? Magically skipping?

You might try breaking the edge of the decapping pin. Primers where sticking on my pin and where being drawn back into the case. That would crush the next primer. I only hadthis problem on 40 s&w. All of my decapping pins are more round than square now.

I started tapering my decapping pins when I had a big supply of PMC 45 brass and the pin held the spent primer just enough to bring it back and get seated. No problems since. Chuck it up in a drill and give it a few passes with a good file...

Speer brass?

Some of the Speer (mil/law) has the "crimp thing" going on with the factory rounds.

I can normally now "feel" when the primer has been removed in the decap/size station but that was AFTER just poping the bottom out of a few and the side of the primer cup was left in the pocket,.......... yes they CAN set off a new primer in the primer seat station.....BOOM!