Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 Question.

I recently bought a nice used Dillon 1050 (non-Super version). I see what may be a problem with how some parts are interacting together, more specifically the shellplate index parts. On my press the shellplate index engages the head of the index bolt and not the index roller. That can't be right....right?? The parts diagram show just the bolt and roller, so I'm pretty sure no parts are missing, so I am wondering if my index bolt is the wrong length or something along those lines.

This bolt is 2.255" long, give or take a few thousanths. Be sure the roller and bolt shank are liberally greased. If they aren't, the roller can migrate in towards the frame, and won't be engaged by the index lever. :ph34r:

This bolt is 2.255" long, give or take a few thousanths. Be sure the roller and bolt shank are liberally greased. If they aren't, the roller can migrate in towards the frame, and won't be engaged by the index lever. :ph34r:

I measured my index bolt and it is only 1.990" long. The index lever hits right on the head of that bolt and cannot possibly hit the roller. I guess I will have to call Dillon and get a new bolt. My roller is 0.688" long. Is that the correct length for that part or should I just order both of them?? Thanks.

Edited by Sheldon