Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Public Challenge (again)

hopalong

Yes, I shot a Major load at 193PF, not once, but twice. (That should give you some idea of how nice a load a 165 is, Pinshooter.)

In both cases I could not use reloads (different reasons each time) and the result was not pretty. At least I knew that there would not be any quesiton of steel hits going down.

What is better to shoot using 230 grainers, fast or slow powder......

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I shot a Major load at 193PF, not once, but twice. (That should give you some idea of how nice a load a 165 is, Pinshooter.)

In both cases I could not use reloads (different reasons each time) and the result was not pretty. At least I knew that there would not be any quesiton of steel hits going down.

What is better to shoot using 230 grainers, fast or slow powder......

4 - 4.1 grains of clays works really well with a 5 inch gun.

VV 310 is good too. Also bullseye but I don't know thw charge.

Always keep a beer near the reloader....incase of fire.

He probably found the while Pepsi puts flames out just as well, it corrodes the press if you don't clean it off fast enough.

You want fast powders. Once component of recoil that people don't usually think about is the jet of gas as the bullet leaves the barrel. To reduce felt recoil, you want to be jetting 4.2 grains of a fast powder, instead of 7 grains of a slow powder.

How much difference can it make, you ask? The typical escape velocity of gases from the muzzle is over 4,000 fps.

• 2 months later...

Well the Nationals are over.

Congratulations go out to all the winners. :bow::bow::bow:

The Public Challenge did not do too much to increase the participation of Revolver division this year, which was pretty dissapointing to me may I add. :angry:

We as a division ended up with 39 wheelgunners, up 6 from last year (that was up 15 from the year before :) )

To answer Pat Sweeney's question..........

Yes I guess we are going to let the Euopeans out do us! :unsure: Good for them.

I want to thank:

Bob Perdue for his offer of one of his MOONCLIP HOLDERS

Randy Lee for his offer of one of his HAMMERS

Dave Hearth for his offer of the BEST MOONCLIPS made.

Keith Ulfers for his offer of $ 100 CASH

and

John Heiter, the Mississippi State Match director who doesn't even shoot revolvers for his offer of $100 CASH

It is people like BOB, DAVE, RANDY, KEITH, and JOHN who make me proud to say I am associated with them in some kind of way. :cheers:

If we had made the 50 minimum, some lucky person would have walked away with over $1000 worth of loot, without even firing a shot................BUT since we didn't get that minimum..............................

TOO BAD !!!!!!!!

Don't look for this offer to come again, ya'll had your chance.

Hopalong

I just saw on the German Revolver Championship results that they had 44 wheelgunners. Are we going to let them beat us?

Even in a small nation like sweden we have about 10-11 wheelgunners at the nationals. And numbers are rising...

whizz, Congrats you guys are doing a great job. Any tips for us to help us get the numbers up. Thanx rdd

Well I'm not quite sure how we have done but...

I started out shooting revo at a cup in 2005. 7 matches between swedish and danish clubs shot annually. Soon enough RogerT and a danish revolvero joined the RSD. We kept on doing this and more and more shooters have joined. Nowadays we are usually between 8 and 12 wheelgunners at level III matches here. More people joining probably because they see how fun we have. Another thing that gives us a lot of hangarounds might also be our nice match shirts. :lol:

match_shirt02.jpg

Hehe, regarding the hair, I have decided to let it grow while there's still some left... :lol:

There is room for any number of wheelgunners in our club. You are welcome anytime. Then you will get your own wheelgunner shirt :cheers:

Conny

Edited by whizz