Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti Trojan For Singlestack?

tpcdvc

Z,

I just use a regular lee die, i turned down the end to square it off. I had tried the undersized die, got tired of pulling crushed cases.

With the regular die, i end up with maybe one or two rounds that don't pass the case check per thousand.

Bear

I agree, I hate to have to stop my rhythm to take out a crushed case!!

I think I am on the right track, but a case gauge will now be a must I suppose.

I do agree, they can and will be fixed.

My take, and I want to repeat, MY TAKE, on SS is that when limited to only 8 rounds, why not have the largest possible hole to cut a line every now and again.

Changing my 650 from .40 to .45 is not a big deal. And I have found that the cheap Glock Brass I have been buying does NOT run well in my Lee Undersize die. I get about a 6% case crushing rate. I talked to Dillon the other day, and it is supposedly the narrow opening of the die. The Dillon resizing/de-capping die has a "bell" to it that allows for the case to move up into the die with less of a problem. This is important, as I am feeling the need to order a K.I.S.S. bullet feeder. As long as I am having crushed cases, it is not worth it in my opinion, as having to stop to remove 6 crushed cases per 100 would negate the point of the case feeder.

Edited to add: I have stopped buying Glocked brass!!!

Talking to Derek of Millennium Custom last night about it, this should NOT be a problem for the 1050 users. As you just have a Dillon resizing/de-capping die in Station 1 and a Lee undersized die in Station 2. Problem solved. You 1050 guys are good to go on Glocked Brass. It is once again us poor-folk who have to suffer :angry:

Hey guys, you might want to check your shell plate. A couple of my friends were having the same trouble with the EGW die and found out that one had a cracked shellplate the other one was slightly bent. I've been running the EGW and the Lee factory crimp die in my 650 and it eats glocked brass right up. It runs great. Case gauging is an exercise in futility. I still case gauge for big matches but have yet to find a fatty. Worth checking maybe.

Sorry to get off topic.

I will be happy to take anyone's Glocked brass. 80% of the brass I reload has been through a Glock. I just use the standard Lee carbide die in my 550. I tried the Lee U/EGW die. It was no better than the standard die. Sure was a lot harder to pull the handle also.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought my .40 trojan 7 years ago. Nothing is added except magwell and ambi safety. Barrel is still original and ramp not modified. This year will be my 7th single stack match at Barry and no problem feeding. Gun and me always finish the match with no problem. Tried factory 165 gr to homebrewed 1.230 (210gr lead RN) without gagging. But the smoothest feeder is 1.18

Magazines are Mc Cormick which are flawless.

I chose .40 because i shoot Limited class too, so ill have one set-up on my 650

Edited by BOGA