Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Recent Stage

ParaJoe

Forum seemed a little slow recently so I throw something up.

Here it is. 32 round stage shooting Production. Not all too bad but I thought I could be faster. I dropped 4 C's and 1 B. 3 reloads.

Stage at 5 Dogs

FWIW: I heard that Taran Butler shot this bad boy BLIND in 14 somethin. I suck.

Joe

Taran splits like a madman! He makes up a lot of time on splits alone.

One suggestion I have is at the end of the stage. On the last 10 shots, you reload and shoot while you're walking to the last target. From the camera angle, it looks like you could have shot the left side targets, made a reload while taking two steps towards the right, and then shot the last 10 shots standing still. Splits and transitions are usually faster standing still, and it looks like you moved forward about 6 feet further than you needed to.

Nice shooting! What was your time? I counted around 20 secs?

I am not an expert but from what I see on the video, you see the left-most target of the right hand array coming out of the hallway. I think I would try to engage the right side in a left to right sequence while backing up to a position where I could see all the left side targets. Reload and engage the left side from right to left. A lot less walking around.

Later,

Chuck

• 4 months later...

First of all NICE Avitar, lol.

+1 on MTrout40 those last 10 shots whould have been much faster finding the sweet spot for the aray. I'm not sure what your classification but general advice would be move quicker into position. To me it looked like your movement was pretty deliberate rather than just get there fast. To me movement is more important than splits (more time can be saved there).Splits looked okay they can most of the time be faster but in Production you had better be shooting Alphas.

Looked like a good stage layout.

I like how you took two shots and reloaded. I don;t know how close that first array was, but it seems like you could have hammered on them with more speed, and positioned yourself further down the COF before the reload. Shooting Prod, it is all about maximizing your reloads. A sweet spot could have been found in those last two arrays, and you could have hammered away. Standing reloads are a bummer, but if you don't have anywhere else to go, stop walking!