Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dustcover Rubbing Slide

Dusty

I have a SA Trophy match I got last year and haven't shot it much until now. I noticed that the dustcover is rubbing against the bottom of the slide that holds the recoil spring plug. I relieved the dustcover in the inside with a bit of dremeling and It didn't seem to do much good so I didn't go any further. I looks like the rails may have been a little out of spec. Doesn't hurt reliability or accuracy, just make a nasty rubmark on the slide. Any one else had this problem?

I have a SA Trophy match I got last year and haven't shot it much until now. I noticed that the dustcover is rubbing against the bottom of the slide that holds the recoil spring plug. I relieved the dustcover in the inside with a bit of dremeling and It didn't seem to do much good so I didn't go any further. I looks like the rails may have been a little out of spec. Doesn't hurt reliability or accuracy, just make a nasty rubmark on the slide. Any one else had this problem?

Is the dust cover rubbing on the bottom of the slide, in other words, if you were looking down the barrel, at 6 O'clock on the portion that holds the recoild spring plug....or on the sides of where the recoil spring plug is?

Is the dust cover rubbing on the bottom of the slide, in other words, if you were looking down the barrel, at 6 O'clock on the portion that holds the recoild spring plug....or on the sides of where the recoil spring plug is?

If you are looking down the bbl. with the business end pointed at you the rubbing starts at about the 5 o'clock and goes to about the 2 o'clock

Occasionally this happens. When fitting the slide the fit gets canted a small amount to either side. As the slide loosens up, the guide rod tunnel rubs the dust cover. Although cosmetically it detracts from the looks, if the gun is functioning OK, it's probably not an issue.

To fix the problem you could:

1. Have it ACCU-RAILED

2. Have a new slide fitted

Edited by Singlestack Wonder

• 3 weeks later...