Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Post For New M2 Owner

magikbullet

Hi Guys,

I just got a new m2 tactical a couple days ago and was basically going around the various forums thanking everybody for their insights. I figured since there don't seem to be many pictures of m2's floating around I'd make post some myself =)

I also noticed hoser responded a thread I was in on thr. I assume he's the same one I see here. He mentioned modifying the bolt carrier to allow +1+1 and I'm interested in a more detailed guide on this process. (I'd need to be sure on it cause I'm very leary of taking a dremel to any of my guns :unsure: )

I'm hoping to break in the gun this weekend. I've already clp'd the action and workings, and I was planning on running through about 150 rounds of 00 and #4 buck. If anyone has any advice on this I'd be happy to hear it.

So here's some pictures... hope you like them!

PICT1508.jpg

PICT1512.jpg

-Scott

Scott

You wont need a dremel for that you will need a welder. Or contact info for Benny Hill. (Who I recomend) Its not the carrier its the Bolt that needs attention. Send it to Benny and have him lighten it and weld it for ghost loading. Poke around on this site a little for his contact info or maybee someone else will chime in with it. Also if you shoot any action matches you might consider replacing the recoil spring that came in that tactical (Heavy spring) with a standard recoil spring so you can shoot standard target loads. As is you may not get 100% cycling with anything short of full power loads. Hope this helps you. Enjoy that Benelli.

I just can't seem to get this through! NO WELDING IS NEEDED, it can be done with a file!! Dremel is better, but a file will do! Just cut/file the rear of the rear notch to a 45 degree angle and you can load the carrier! no welding no J.B. compound, no nothing AND it makes the carrier just that much lighter....But if you guys love to weld....GITTER DONE!! :lol:

I just dremeled the rear notch on my Benelli bolt. Works great. I had the M2 Tactical but traded it for a M1S90. Liked the vent rib barrel much better than the small rifle sights I had on my Tactical. I really like the pistol grip stock, but it did tend to punch me in the face much harder than a straight stock <_< . Really paid for that one on the slug stage at the 2006 RM3G. YMMV.

Payne

I assume he's the same one I see here. He mentioned modifying the bolt carrier to allow +1+1 and I'm interested in a more detailed guide on this process.

You rang? Same guy, different name...

Just dremel that thing. Doesent take any time and is painfully easy. And if you screw it up, its still a +1 like it was before. And its not like you cant have it welded up.

Ghost_Load_mod.sized.jpg

That much just isn't necessary. As you look at the picture above, notice the notch at the far left of the carrier, that is the one you file/dremel off at 45 degrees at the back of the notch, leave the rest of it alone. KURTM