Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Elite Series

Nemo

I have an Elite Match in 38 Super which I bought on a whim. The single action trigger is not nearly as nice as my CZ IPSC Standard. A little trigger work might be in order. Its well made and shoots great. However, I'm not sure what to do about the magazines. I bought some 18 round mags from EAA, but can only get 17 rounds in them, even with a hammer and wooden dowel. I added some CPMI bases to them (the new ones), and surprise, I can still only get 17 rounds in the mags! The follower and/or spring is hanging up somewhere. And with the bases installed, the follower jams part of the way up, so that the next round doesn't move up to the feed lips, but sits 1/4 to 1/2 inch below with the cartridges rattling around in there. This sometimes happens without the bases if the mag is full. I'll have to try some other spring/follower-Henning recommends Grams Engineering. They cost more than the magazines, though.

I have an Elite Match in 38 Super which I bought on a whim. The single action trigger is not nearly as nice as my CZ IPSC Standard. A little trigger work might be in order. Its well made and shoots great. However, I'm not sure what to do about the magazines. I bought some 18 round mags from EAA, but can only get 17 rounds in them, even with a hammer and wooden dowel. I added some CPMI bases to them (the new ones), and surprise, I can still only get 17 rounds in the mags! The follower and/or spring is hanging up somewhere. And with the bases installed, the follower jams part of the way up, so that the next round doesn't move up to the feed lips, but sits 1/4 to 1/2 inch below with the cartridges rattling around in there. This sometimes happens without the bases if the mag is full. I'll have to try some other spring/follower-Henning recommends Grams Engineering. They cost more than the magazines, though.

I sorta did the same "on a whim" thing and I ran into feeding problems which was easily solved by using .38 rimless/supercomp brass. But before I did this I was thinking it was the mags. I like the Mec-Gar mags but you do have to remove the indentions on both sides of the mag. Definately go with the grams and you may have to do some trimming of the followers in order for them to operate smoothly and each mag is a little different so do not trim all the followers at one time, I recommend doing 1 mag at a time. Also with the CPMI base pads you can mill out the bottom were they angle in for maximum capacity.

Randal

post-6763-1171090117.jpg

post-6763-1171090152.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...