Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

THE Ohio Section Championship

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, Flex, if you guys do come to Tri-State Saturday and want to stay for a bit, I'd be pleased to buy you and the Ohio folks (and any enosverse members who we can find) a few Rolling Rocks!

(Edited by vluc at 6:02 am on Aug. 12, 2002)

Vulc

I'll be at the Tri so bring the credit card Come on over to the OH section and introduce yourself and shoot. Rayners is very nice range run by great people. Its over 3 hours from me but I try to go as much as I can. They also let you reshoot as many times as you want and run side matches. The only negative is its really out in the country. If you go just trust the force and your map and keep driving. Its there. See you in PA

I think you can get in touch with the Rayner's (match host) to order T-shirts ($12).  Order now to pick them up at the match. (order at the match as well)

http://www.geocities.com/rayners_range/

@(740) 674-4240

As for stage designs...I have some scanned copies that I am having trouble posting.  I am hoping that the person that made the diagrams can send me a digital version.  I haven't heard back yet.

(Edited by Flexmoney at 11:09 pm on Aug. 13, 2002)

I could suggest ...C-more red  (which, they sometimes are...not on purpose).

Those black steel targets really get lost on the shade don't they.  That is something I try to "see" on my walk-thru.  I've been know to change glasses because of that.  They again, a black post with a small white dot seems to do well.

Steve, we can only put the steel as close as 11 yards, i have seen contact shoots on steel, you don't want the steel too close... remember the "accuracy" part of the triangle  

i have the best idea of all, paint the steel either green or brown, (dependant on back ground) or just let let it rust. that makes for some FUN shooting..... and put a few popppers at 45-50 yards

1 Any speed is fine with me

2. Too fast with no lead time it was just was a luck shot

3 Mini poppers 20 yards is akin to an area match skill challenge. Have seen that one a lot.

PS Looking at your scores if you clean it up a little and don't drop mags ;), very high scores are yours.

(Edited by BSeevers at 7:05 pm on Aug. 14, 2002)

1.  I didn't get to see anybody run the stage with the drop-turner...and I didn't ask to see it (d-oh).  I am glad I shot it early.  Still had to wait.

2.  I shot the activator for the swinger first...so, maybe the swinger slowed down for me some (not likely, that sucker was there and gone).  I did get to see some shoot it...and miss.  Way behind it.  I got it in two passes...holes on top of each other.  Not an easy target.

3.  The thing about those poppers...they came after the hoser sections of the stages.  Tough to change gears.

• 3 weeks later...