Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My First Ipsc Holster

paraman1

When I was first getting started a lot of folks dug through their old stuff to get me started . Someone gave me this holster that was for a comped 1911 with optics and I butchered it until it fit the old Para just right .

467209-big.JPG

I chopped one side down and cut the end of it off .

467212-big.JPG

And then built an aluminum piece that went over the end .

467210-big.JPG

I gotta say that even though I tried an 012 and a CR Speed the only thing that was ever faster for me to draw out of than this sucker was the Limcat Postage stamp . Now I just gotta figure out how to hang it on the wall so that it doesnt look any cheesier than it already does ... LOL

I remember changing from a Ernie Hill LE holster to the 008, in the appendix position, that's where the Burner's was, I though I had died and gone to heaven, could do .75 to .85 draws all day long, course I was 20yrs old then... lucky to do a 1.00 flat with a limcat 18 years later :)

It looks kind of goofy and a few people made some rude comments about it right up until they saw me draw from it . Like I said , some pretty spendy holsters came and went and yet that sucker wound up packing 3 or 4 of my limited blasters until I quit shooting 3 years ago . If I could figure out how to get my G35 to fit in there I would probably still use that sucker .

Awsome Nemo! I just found my old Ernie Hill Belt (the one with the metal re-inforcement) a couple days ago and it doesn't fit me either... :(

I had the black baket weave set up, I got rid of the holster and mag pouches a while ago though. I actually talked to Ernie himself when I ordered it over the phone about 11 or 12 years ago.

my first two were custom from rogers. the one on the left was made by rosie rosel who used to work for bill rogers-fit a 5" gun. the one on the right was the j. michael plaxco model. that sucker was canted too much, but fit his comp gun perfectly.

post-2786-1170520495.jpg

Dug out some of my old gear. Picture is of various holsters, mag pouches, mags and the guns that I used.

Holsters from left are Davis, Rogers (Plaxco World Speed Model), Davis, Davis and Ernie Hill (Leatham Enos).

Mag pouches are Ernie Hill (Leatham) and Ernie Hill. The single pouch was worn either in front of the gun or about where your belt buckle would be.

Mags in the double pouch are Wilson/Rogers with custom made pads. I don't know who made the magazine in the single pouch. The metal looking part between the pad and the magazine floor plate is lead.

Pistols are Colt Gov't Model pre 70 Series built by Shockey as a Hard Ball gun; Caspian frame and slide, modified by Ron Sharp into a Pin Gun; and an Essex frame, Colt slide, BAT comp that I built sometime in the late 80s or early 90s.

post-6529-1170651309.jpg