Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Powder Return Springs

I just received a new 650 machine with video and while mounting/assembling it, I noticed that I had no powder bar return springs as shown in the video. The powder bar does have a "post" for the springs but my machine didnt have any. I know this video is about 10 years old and I was wondering if there was a change of design that phased them out or if mine just werent packed. Thanks, John

I did half of the retrograde which disabled the return arm and uses just the springs. I'm too lazy to drill and replace pieces. It's been a few years, I need to go home and look at what I did. Order the springs they are the way to go. Maybe I'll order another PM and do it again.

Ok, thanks for the replies! I went ahead and kicked out 300 10mm's before I asked anyone and fiqured I might need to make sure before I did anymore loading. I was suprised at how easy it all went. I was expecting the machine to be much more finniky than it was. From the time I started drilling the holes in the bench till the first round hit the plastic tray was about only a couple of hours (i dont know how long it should have taken, this is my first progressive) and now i'm hooked!! Once again, thanks for the help, John