Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta Trigger Reset

revchuck

Folks - I've been giving my round guns some time off and shooting my Beretta 92 Brigadier in both USPSA and IDPA. I've replaced the sights, the mainspring (with a D version) and the trigger return spring (with the Wolff reduced power version). I'm happy with everything except the last.

Since I'm mainly a revolver shooter, I'm used to riding the trigger to reset - it's much more obvious on a round gun than on a flat one. Now that I think of it, I do it on bottomfeeders too, and that's the problem...I can't feel it on the Beretta, since the spring's so...weak? Limp? My CZ-75B, Steyr M40 and 1911s don't have this problem.

Does anyone have experience with the heavier springs Wolff offers for this?

TIA!

• 1 year later...

RevChuck- can't help you with the reset, as I just started a 92F myself, but can you give some suggestions on what sights you went to? there's not alot of info on 92s out now and I'm trying to find some pictures of sights on 92s for reference...

Folks - I've been giving my round guns some time off and shooting my Beretta 92 Brigadier in both USPSA and IDPA. I've replaced the sights, the mainspring (with a D version) and the trigger return spring (with the Wolff reduced power version). I'm happy with everything except the last.

Since I'm mainly a revolver shooter, I'm used to riding the trigger to reset - it's much more obvious on a round gun than on a flat one. Now that I think of it, I do it on bottomfeeders too, and that's the problem...I can't feel it on the Beretta, since the spring's so...weak? Limp? My CZ-75B, Steyr M40 and 1911s don't have this problem.

TIA!

The sights weren't chosen for competition, as such. I've got a Trijicon front (the Brigadier's front sight is dovetailed in, not a part of the slide) and a Novak rear.

A good place to look for Beretta-related stuff is http://www.berettaforum.com . There are folks there who can do a better job of pointing you in the right direction.

RevChuck- can't help you with the reset, as I just started a 92F myself, but can you give some suggestions on what sights you went to? there's not alot of info on 92s out now and I'm trying to find some pictures of sights on 92s for reference...

TIA!

I would go back to the stock style spring. I tried the Wolff trigger conversion units and personally don't like the feel at all. Even the heavy one (I have the whole set) doesn't reset as fast as the stock spring.

I've been shooting Beretta 92s in competition for the last eight years and have only broken the original factory spring on my 92. Since then I have used the Wolff standard style springs with no problems.

rip your gun apart completely. polish every engagement surface to a nice shine, don't change any angles. reassemble. toss the wolf trigger spring and put in a new two headed Beretta trigger spring. you'll notice the reset more than on a Glock.

rip your gun apart completely. polish every engagement surface to a nice shine, don't change any angles. reassemble. toss the wolf trigger spring and put in a new two headed Beretta trigger spring. you'll notice the reset more than on a Glock.

agree 100%.

Once a year I put a new factory trigger spring in the match gun to prevent breakage (along w/ new trigger bar spring every so often) and never had a problem.

And don't get lulled by the durability. They are more durable than a factory spring, but if you are shooting a lot and dryfiring a lot they do break. (I had one in my practice gun and broke it). Granted it goes longer w/o breaking, but factory style springs are so cheap....

I use the Wolff reduced power unit in my 92G Elite and I very much prefer it to stock. They do cost more than a factory trigger spring, but It's my match gun so I spend the money. If I can spend extra bucks for reloading components, I can spend a few more for premium parts. As for feeling the reset, don't need to. I know where it is. Another thing I like about the Wolff unit is it makes it sooooo much easier and quicker to strip the frame down for cleaning.