Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Offset Scope Mount

Ameiza

I'm a lefty and have ejection problems with my current setup- OKO on a RHT mount on my SPS .38 super. Seemingly the ejected brass hit my strong hand thumb every now and then, causing a major malfunction when hit back into the ejection port. I've tried to offset this setup using a steel sheet between the scope mount and frame, but without any luck.

Now I want to try a C-more (the OKO is much wider at the back) with an offset scope mount hoping to get more space for ejection. I've considered the Brazos and the Shooters connection offset mounts, and wonder which of them to pick.

Has anybody seen both of them? Which is more offset?

I like the blast shield on the Shooters connection mount, but is the Brazos more offset?

Thanks!

Edited by Ameiza

I've run the Brazos offset on my gun for three years with no problems.

I had a death jam in Brazil this year, but it was because my thumb bumped the brass back into the gun and wedged itself in the hood cut of the slide. It was not fault of the gun but it took about 10 seconds to get it cleared. :(

Kenny

(I use the correct hand, which is my left.)

I'm a lefty and have ejection problems with my current setup- OKO on a RHT mount on my SPS .38 super. Seemingly the ejected brass hit my strong hand thumb every now and then, causing a major malfunction when hit back into the ejection port. I've tried to offset this setup using a steel sheet between the scope mount and frame, but without any luck.

Now I want to try a C-more (the OKO is much wider at the back) with an offset scope mount hoping to get more space for ejection. I've considered the Brazos and the Shooters connection offset mounts, and wonder which of them to pick.

Have anybody seem both of them? Which is more offset?

I like the blast shield on the Shooters connection mount, but is the Brazos more offset?

Thanks!

I dont think anybody has had a chance to use mine yet. It just came out last week. There is the owner of the gun in the pic on my web page who got the first one. As always I tried to find the perfect balance when designing this mount which in all fairness was designed in conjunction with John Alchin. Our mount is offset slightly and raised slightly. Its done in a way that you cant really tell or be bothered by the dot actually sitting on the edge of the gun. I believe we offset it .100 and raised it .050. Just enough to give a wider opening for ejection. With a properly tuned gun and this larger opening it should be close to flawless without being to much out of allignment of the bore. We will be putting our mounts on all our open guns from now on.

I had a death jam in Brazil this year, but it was because my thumb bumped the brass back into the gun and wedged itself in the hood cut of the slide. It was not fault of the gun but it took about 10 seconds to get it cleared. sad.gif

This is similar to my problem. I assume that if there's more space for ejection, I can adjust the ejector to toss the brass higher and hopefully over my thumb. It is however, super brass, and it might be more tricky than with for instance a nine with lighter and shorter brass.

... in all fairness was designed in conjunction with John Alchin...

I'm not sure if I can use it due to the 5 hole Alchin pattern (not without welding and redrilling my frame anyway). Is it possible to get it blank?

Edited by Ameiza