Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Info On Para P16 Signature ?

LakeshoreShooter

I'm in negotiations for the purchase of a Like New Para-Ordnance P16 40. It is Rollmarked as a "Signature" model. I plan to turn her into a USPSA Limited gun. I know through some questions and research that the "Signature" line was Para's first run of their now Limited line. I'm just trying to find out the difference between this pistol and todays "Limited" model. Anybody have knowledge on this "Signature" line? It is a very attractive Blackened finish much like the STI Trojan. I'm figuring a Magwell, trigger job, wolf springs in my mags, and I'm pretty much ready to rock. Thanks in advance for any help/knowledge you can send my way.

I have one for sale and mine is limited edition .40cal !..less 500rds.

1) stainless steel

2) dawson trigger 2.5lbs

3) bomar sights

4) extra spring tension and mag botton(always a problem of para's gun)

5) full ramped barrel

6) carbon fiber grip trimmed for dawson magwell/I have the original grips.

comes with x3 10rds. x3 sti 140mm tubes.(6mags total)$800.00 i'm in califronia.

email me if interested. airwolfipsc@yahoo.com

ALL YOU NEED IS MAGWELL AND TUNGSTEN ROD!!! AND YOU ARE READY TO ROCK AND ROLL..

Edited by shooterbenedetto

the Signature models are Pre Todd Jarret Specials...

they made the Limited and the next grade was the signature

if I am not mistaken look at the serial number and it should be

tj#### , if I can find my par catalog from a couple of years ago

I can give you more info on the gun...

Thanks. Guess I wasn't aware they made a previous Jarrett specific model prior to the one offered now? It does have TJ as the prefix to the S#..but I didn't connect the two. Cool. I don't think that (not that it matters really) it will add a couple hundred to the value of the pistol...but that's cool to know. Thanks Supercomp9 !! Let me know what the Catalog says about it if you get a chance. Paul

OK. I emailed Para on Tues. and got a reply today from Caroline at the "info@paraord.com" These people(Para customer service)are great! I found out that the (for reference my pistol was made Sept. 11th, 1997) "SJ" prefix was for a P-16 and the prefix "TJ" was for the P-14. No other meaning than that. And yes, after the Signature was made for a few thousand units...they changed the name to "Limited" the Signature was the same gun that became the Limited. Just a Corporate decision to change the name. Take Care!!

• 3 weeks later...
OK. I emailed Para on Tues. and got a reply today from Caroline at the "info@paraord.com" These people(Para customer service)are great! I found out that the (for reference my pistol was made Sept. 11th, 1997) "SJ" prefix was for a P-16 and the prefix "TJ" was for the P-14. No other meaning than that. And yes, after the Signature was made for a few thousand units...they changed the name to "Limited" the Signature was the same gun that became the Limited. Just a Corporate decision to change the name. Take Care!!

IIRC, the "Signature" model was the first 10,000 blasters. After 10,000 it was renamed "Limited". (I don't know if thet made that many). I still have mine. The first IPSC match I shot the front sight off, the second match I shot the rear sights off. Get rid of that proprietary front sight notch and get a real dove tail put in. You also use a regular extractor. Much, much easier (better) to work with than the power extractor.

Keninaz

• 3 weeks later...

dredging up old ones but I dont see this site often....

I too purchased a signature para but it was very second hand with many aftermarket parts already and I have replaced more since...

the first thing to go was the extractor...aftec all the way now...

as long as I load 'em long it runs like a top...

mine has the sj serial # by the way

appreciate the info on it because I looked around for it for a while then gave up and just shot the thing

DT